Scanner not working

V-PV-P State College, PA Member
edited March 2006 in Hardware
Hey guys,
My printer/scanner is not working properly. When I print documents and such, it works fine, but when i go to scan something it says "The computer cannot detect a scanner or camera. Please make sure the device is turned on and is prperly connected to the computer." I checjed to see if my "scanner" was listed in the scanner and camera section of control panel and it is. I can't even go into it's properties. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it, and even download third-party software for scanning, but nothing yet. I have a HP OfficeJet K80xi. Please help guys. I felt like putting this in the emergency thread so....

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Scanning wants Twain-- did your CD for drivers offer an option to install Twain or want you insert the Windows disk???? Did windows keep finding an unknown device???

Look in device manager and see if you have a scanner or camera with a yellow Question Mark next to it, for starters, and remove or disable that if so.
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited March 2006
    Scanning wants Twain-- did your CD for drivers offer an option to install Twain or want you insert the Windows disk???? Did windows keep finding an unknown device???

Look in device manager and see if you have a scanner or camera with a yellow Question Mark next to it, for starters, and remove or disable that if so.

no it didnt come with a CD and it used to work so drivers arent the problem. Anyway, I did some searching and i found that Real Player was causing the problems and fixed it. i never liked real but all the internet media usually uses it so i was forced, but i hate it now.
  • edited March 2006
    SCAR, if you need to view files done in Real format, use Real Alternative instead. I hate Real almost as much as true malware because it screws up so much stuff.
  • rykoryko new york
    edited March 2006
    you should still go to the hp website and download the newest drivers/apps for your scanner....can't hurt.