That pci flash hard drive thingy to speed up windows was called?...

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited March 2006 in Hardware
Anyone remember who made or what that thing was called that was a pci card with slots for ddr memory? It held 4 memory sticks. It was last June I think when it was talked about a lot. I tried searching for it but since I don't know the name that was sort of useless.

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited March 2006
    The gigabit Iram
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited March 2006
    hmm im surprised ive never heard of it? maybe i have and i just dont remember. Anyway, do they work well, and whats the point? Is it just to add more sticks of ram?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    There was the gigabit PCI controller card with 4 dimms capable of up to 4GB of storage as an SATA drive. But I also recall someone making an actual large drive out of flash memory or something, but I don't recall the specifics of it.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited March 2006
    GrayFox wrote:
    The gigabit Iram
    Thank you!

Now, would anyone know if any other devices of the like were designed since then? *caugh* looking for cheaperness *caugh* want to compare *caugh*

edit/
    whoa! Prices on this thin have skyrocketed more than gasoline, wait I take that back, it's only be bloated from $60 last July to $150 today (just a mere 2.5 times). I should have bought last year :aol: :screwed: