Short Media LAN 2006

Comments

• TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    citrixmeta wrote:
    under 1 condition!! Godblesssoccer challenges U!!
    bring ur drum set! :)

lol sounds like a plan :rockon::D
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    ^ sweeet drummin!!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    We have 35 confirmed attendees! That means there are only FIVE SPOTS LEFT to get in on the good times :D
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    w00t!!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Is the event tent going to be larger and/or will there be more tables? We barely had enough space last year on the tables with the 25 or so attendees that we had.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I hate to harp about this, but is there going to be room for a devoted board-games table? I still haven't gotten a real answer on this, and if there wont be room, I'd like to know before I arrive with a bunch of board-games... :)
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    ill make room for a good game of mouse trap
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I don't have Mouse Trap any more. :( My sister broke one of the pieces when I was 8, and it's useless after that.
    edited May 2006
    bah, what games you bringen? ill bring LOTR and regular TP
  • edited May 2006
    Brian: I can bring a 8'x3' table if it'll be helpful.
    edited May 2006
    Yes, that would be helpful. Thanks, dave! :)
    edited May 2006
    Yes, that would be helpful. Thanks, dave! :)
    ya, good look'n out man
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Is the event tent going to be larger and/or will there be more tables? We barely had enough space last year on the tables with the 25 or so attendees that we had.

That was related to some of the tables being underpopulated. There should be much more space if everyone puts their tower on the ground.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    The reason people didn't want to put their towers on the ground was because of the ants...
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Mine was on the ground, with the side open. And a non-filtered fan intake on the bottom front. No ants inside. At least none that caused any problems :p

I was more talking about the table with Keebs + Prime's kids. There were 4 or 5 people in a lot more space than they needed. Not that it really matters anymore.
    edited May 2006
    None of the tables were underpopulated. No one should have to put their tower on the ground. The normal spacing at a LAN event is 2 people per 6-foot table, side-by-side, or 3 people per 8-foot table, at an absolute stretch (this orientation limits mousing ability). Last year, those of us who were cramped had 3 people per 6-foot table, with two people on one side and the other in the middle on the other side. That's no where near enough space.

So, for an event of 40 people, we would need 20 6-foot tables for just the participants, plus any tables for server, etc. I think we need assigned seating as well.

Here is a rough guide on planning a LAN party, written by an individual who is essentially in the business of planning successful LAN parties.

Here's his quote on tables:
    Tables are usually arranged in rows of pairs of tables set back-to-back lengthwise, with usually twelve tables per double row. I personally prefer 6 foot tables with two people per table. I've been to parties where the organizers tried to optimize space by using 8 foot tables with three people per table. And while this is possible, it's nowhere near as comfortable. Two people per 6 foot table gives each person about 3 feet, while with three people at an 8 foot table, you're only getting about 2.5 feet of elbow room.

As you can see, he doesn't even think 3 people per 8-foot table give enough room, and we had 3 people on a six-foot table last year. I barely had any place to put my mousepad.
  • edited May 2006
    i might be able to get tables for you guys if someone can transport them to the LAN since im not going. let me know if i should try to get them.

bikerboy
    edited May 2006
    For any LAN attendee who fits any of these:
    A) Is engineering inclined
    B) Likes to tinker
    C) Knows his/her way around a roll of duct tape

Visit This Thread!
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    is it just me or is there a ton of names on the red carpet thread that I have no clue who they are....
    edited May 2006
    We dig them out of the woodwork for the event. ;)
    edited May 2006
    It's just you. I know them all! ;D
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited May 2006
    I would like to go, i sent squill a pm to see if him and the others were planning on going, i live in VA also, in fredericksburg and would be awesome to do a road trip.
    edited May 2006
    Hurry up, there's only a precious few spots left! :eek2:
    edited May 2006
    FOUR spots left (five if someone who said they might not be able to come doesn't actually come :-/ )
  • edited May 2006
    Start address: Lake Forest, CA
    End address: Warren, MI 48091
    Distance: ONLY! 2,302 mi (about 1 day 14 hours)

40 hours in the car sure sounds like fun!! I just might do it.
    edited May 2006
    read it fast!

I can not wiat unitl Sohrt Mdiea LAN 2006 it semes to be one of the bset envtes the alhmigty Slgedehmamer wlil be atednting in the yaer 2006. Wtih hrad core gmaes and good firedns waht esle can we ask for?
  • Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
    edited May 2006
    Hows about free beer? Thats what i would ask for!
    edited May 2006
    I was going to say, I'd like to ask for more booze to straighten out those letters. ;)
    edited May 2006
    I just think it is funny that you can read it if you just scan over it quickly. I remember a letter someone gave me that was all messed up like that, and I could read it, I guess the human brain only looks at the 1st and lastletter, and fills in the rest. as long as all the correct letter are there you should be able to read it.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    mapquest wrote:
    W Owen K Garriott Rd & S Garland Rd
    Enid, OK 73703, US

Warren, MI 48091, US
    Revise | New Directions

Total Est. Time: 16 hours, 22 minutes
    Total Est. Distance: 1067.15 miles

I don't know, would be lots of fun..but I dont think I can make it this year, wish I was closer.