Short Media LAN 2006

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2006
    My statement was more along the lines of being a positive reason for attending.

But yours is good too. ;D
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    So now that we have Me coming we should have atleast 10 more sign-up lol :)
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Depending on what is going on with my (not yet aquired) new job and/or plans in Florida it is still within the realm of possibility that I could cash in some of my reward points and fly into Detroit from Orlando... We'll see how it goes in the near future...
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    I'm still thinking about coming. I was hired into a regular position here, which is awesome, but I'd still need to come up with around $500 for the trip. And I don't think I'd get very much from raffling off my spare Radeon 7000 ;D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Okay, if you guys are on the fence, just wait until you see some of the prizes we'll be giving away :eek3:
    edited April 2006
    Fence or no fence....just go.. Work it out.. Auction a Graphics Card :) lol , do why you have to do to get there.

I am living proof that a determined user can make things happen :)
    edited April 2006
    I revised the first post to highlight some of the prizes.

We have so many prizes, there's a good chance that EVERYBODY will win SOMETHING. And there's nothing crappy here this year. We're still working on more prize giveaways.

Prize summary so far:

11 Logitech G7 Gaming Mice (The NEW style, not the original ones)
    1 Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
    5 copies of Battle for Middle Earth 2 from EA Games.
    A Logitech 2.1 Speaker System (Thanks to EA Games as well)
    an XBOX 360 (Core system)
    2 nVidia 7800GT PCI-E video cards
    Our usual prize of "give away the server" - this year's server is a Dell Precision 340 Workstation (p4 1.8ghz + 1gb of ECC RDRAM)
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Prizes! Awesome prizes! Oh, and there's that whole getting together with fellow SM'ers and destroying them in a game of UT2005, BF2, etc. But... prizes!!! :Rocker:
    edited April 2006
    Every year there are a huge number of people who spend the weeks (or even months) after the LAN in misery because they didn't come and they have to listen to all the great stories being told by those who were there. Invariably, they vow that "next year I'll make it - no matter what."

Next year is here, folks! :woowoo:

And it'll be even worse after this year, when you have to listen to everyone go on and on about their new Logitech G7 Mouse...or their nVidia 7800GT...or their XBOX 360...or their Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard...or their...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Well holy ****. Those are some amazing prizes.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Yea, holy ****!! So if I do happen to make it up there, can someone pick me up from the airport? Also I wouldn't have a computer, but I'd be there to hang out...
    edited April 2006
    Yea, holy ****!! So if I do happen to make it up there, can someone pick me up from the airport? Also I wouldn't have a computer, but I'd be there to hang out...
    No problem for the airport; I'm sure someone can pick you up. I can bring a spare computer, too. It won't be any great shakes, but it might be better than nothing. :)
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Sign me up and save me a spot!!!

When my wife asked why I just spent $30 on something she wasn't sure about (Sledge's raffle) she asked if I was planning on attending. I replied that I hadn't gone before but wouldn't mind going. With that she said that I should go. So that means I am coming! :hitit2:
    edited April 2006
    Larry is coming!!! :D

:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2006

I'm not bringing a computer either... You can hang-out with me at the board-games table...
    edited April 2006
    Everybody who wants to come MUST PM ME! That's where I'm collecting my 'official' attendees!

Wow! the goat is coming! :D
    edited April 2006

Yep, absolutely, I can pick anybody up from the airport.

:thumbsup:
    edited April 2006
    CBDroege wrote:
    I'm not bringing a computer either...
    Had enough of GHoosdum pwning you at AOEIII, huh? ;)
    edited April 2006
    CBDroege wrote:
    I'm not bringing a computer either... You can hang-out with me at the board-games table...
    Wow! There are board games! I can whip anybodys butt in Candyland or Parcheesee. Or are there just games with boards? That would be da suk.
    edited April 2006
    mtgoat wrote:
    Wow! There are board games! I can whip anybodys butt...
    You like boards? You're going to fit right in. :cool:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    arg... those prizes look amazing! I am determined to go, right now I have another vacation going on for the first weekend of that same month so this is gonna be VERY tuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg I dunno what to do! Guess it's time to begin begging for days off :P
    edited April 2006
    MTGoat! Woot! we can talk smack for a few days on our rivals SMx32 and SMx33 :)
    edited April 2006
    MTGoat! Woot! we can talk smack for a few days on our rivals SMx32 and SMx33 :)
    Ok, so it's official like. Your people are gonna talk ta my people an my people are goona git it straigt wit yer people. I'm bringn big Mike, Uncle Louie, Sal and my brother Vinnie. We can make some good canolli you an me.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    omg the prizes, damn, too bad i can't not make it to the LAN at all.
    edited April 2006
    Well we've got the US adequately covered. I would love to start seeing some INTERNATIONAL attendees.... ;)

The UK? Australia? Norway perhaps? South Africa? Canada, even? :D
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Pfft, some Canadians probably have a shorter drive than I do. Why does SMHQ have to be in the great frozen north?

Which reminds me: according to several people at airports and hotels my co-workers have encountered, New Mexico isn't a state. They've been asked for a passport on several occassions. Too bad No Child Left Behind doesn't have any provisions for teaching or testing geography.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited April 2006
    I'm attending. I know I know...hold the applause.

Heres the kicker...I live about 10 minutes away from the airport...so I can pick anyone up anytime.

Just PM me or prime with flight info and I see if I can do it.
    edited April 2006
    We'll have to compare notes and work out taxi service schedule. So far, five people are flying in. :D
    edited April 2006
    Prime you got my flight info right?
  • edited April 2006
    Whats' the current number of attandees so far?