FSP GROUP AX450-PN - fan direction?

busy1busy1 Wisconsin
edited March 2006 in Hardware
Hi

Can someone here tell me which way the fan blows on this unit? I thought the fan pulled air up out of the system, and pushed it out the back of the case... but on another forum, I'm being told it pulls air from the back of the case, and pumps that air INTO the case...??

Thanks much for your time...

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Air is pulled from the case and exhausted out the rear of the power supply. I have never seen a PSU pull in outside air.
  • busy1busy1 Wisconsin
    edited March 2006
    Neither have I, but I am the last person to claim technical savvy. The thought never crossed my mind until I was told it sucked air INTO the case. As I am trying to buy a new supply, this really tossed me for a loop! I will forward your response, thank you.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    If in doubt aand you can physically hod one in your hands you can look at the blades. All fans move the air from the side of the blade that is cupped to the outward curved side.
  • busy1busy1 Wisconsin
    edited March 2006
    I can only go by the pictures, as I have never seen this PS in person - but I know for a fact the pics show that level of detail, so I'll check it out. Thanks (again!)...