PVRs

deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
edited March 2006 in Hardware
Following on from the PVR thread I thought I'd try and get a feel for what sort of PVR people have or are looking to get so I can tailor articles accordingly. So go ahead, vote :)

edit: Might as well post the specs of your PVR in the thread too :)

I have:

Pentium 4 2.8,
512MB
80GB hard drive
Geforce4 440mx (outputting through VGA to my projector)
Hauppage wintv 250 tuner
A-Open Xcube barebones chassis
Running Windows Media Center Edition (for now)

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    My prior PVR system was built in an XP MCE environment. Next time, I think I'll be dual-booting MCE and Gentoo with MythTV.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I am SOOOO ticked at DirecTV for selling me a nice TiVo last Oct. and then cutting ties with TiVo. I cannot upgrade the firmware on my TiVo in order to use TiVo’s new PC interface application.

My next PC will be a PVR system though. With over a 1 TB (Terabytes) of RAID 5 disk space waiting for use.... I will have every episode of "The Simple Life"..... I mean "WWF".... yeah, that's what I meant. :D
  • edited March 2006
    I use a WindowsXP based DVR running BeyondTV. BeyondTV's system is very light on resources (even while recording) so I can use the machine whenever I wish no matter what it happens to be doing.

Also the TV guide data is free for life (unlike TiVo)... AND it allows you to stream both live and recorded TV to other PCs on your LAN, AAAAND it supports as many as 8 tuners recording simultaniously.