Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum 2 Problem

edited September 2006 in Hardware
Hi there,

New hear so forgive me if this is in the wrong place :)

Now yesterday it appeared i had some kind of killer virus, that seemed to kill every program that i tried to run, including anti-virus (but thats a different story) lol. Needless to say after a few hours battling to save my poor system, i thought sod it and did a reformat.

Since reloading XP plus all the services packs etc etc and the drivers all new latest ones from the net that i could find.. I have an annoying crackling/poping sound constantly coming from my speakers. I know they are all connected securely and the system didnt do this before the reinstall.

Any ideas?

My system spec.

Giga-byte 8PE667 Ultra 2 Motherboard
2.54 Ghz P4 Processor
1Gb Ram
Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 256Mb Video Card
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum 2
2xIntel 10/100 Network cards
4x200Gb Hard Disks SATA RAID

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited September 2006
    Tiranathon wrote:
    Hi there,

New hear so forgive me if this is in the wrong place :)

Now yesterday it appeared i had some kind of killer virus, that seemed to kill every program that i tried to run, including anti-virus (but thats a different story) lol. Needless to say after a few hours battling to save my poor system, i thought sod it and did a reformat.

Since reloading XP plus all the services packs etc etc and the drivers all new latest ones from the net that i could find.. I have an annoying crackling/poping sound constantly coming from my speakers. I know they are all connected securely and the system didnt do this before the reinstall.

Any ideas?

My system spec.

Giga-byte 8PE667 Ultra 2 Motherboard
    2.54 Ghz P4 Processor
    1Gb Ram
    Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 256Mb Video Card
    Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum 2
    2xIntel 10/100 Network cards
    4x200Gb Hard Disks SATA RAID

Thanks in advance.

Dude did you resolve this, I have exactly the same problem, have done for months and months but i've not yet found a resolution? Can you let me know if you overcome this problem?

Cheers
    Darren