Blitztorm slot cooler additional speed control

busy1busy1 Wisconsin
edited March 2006 in Hardware
Now that I resolved an issue relating to my video card, I'm hoping someone might have an answer to this (and I also hope I have this in the right forum):

I have a BLITZTORM slot cooler blowing on the card. This thing really seems to move air, but is rather loud at full speed. Although it has a speed knob on the back, I can't get to it easily the way I am set up, but I have a separate FRONT fan speed control unit in a 5-1/4" bay, and would like to use *that* to control it.

This Blitztorm has a 4-pin female for power, but I found an adapter on Ebay that would allow me to convert it to a 3-pin male which is what I need to make it match up with my front control unit.

My question is: Since this slot cooler has (2) fans, and already has a speed control knob built into it, am I asking for trouble trying to add the 3-pin converter and routing it through a rheostat on the front of the case? That would be 2 rheostats on the same device. My plan would be to leave the rear one turned up all the way of course. The front Rheostat claims to be a "10 watt", which should be ok with the 2 fans watt wise I believe (60mm each).

Any thoughts greatly appreciated...

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I think that this won't cause an issue at all. At the very least, you should be able to achieve full functionality from the front rheostat control if you leave the rear turned all the way up - that way you'll be able to more reliably judge your effect on the fan's speed when you turn the front control.