449 Point WU, take a look here.

danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
edited March 2006 in Folding@Home
I recieved a 449 point WU, 50 million steps, and it looks as though it will have a total time of 107 hours. I do believe this is the largest point WU I've ever had. Just see attached

Comments

• tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited March 2006
    where can i see how many points I'm getting for a WU? I use the graphical version so i dont have electron microscope.

edit - is the Y-axis on the 2nd graph the points for a WU. If so i have a couple that are just over 400 points.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=147929
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited March 2006
    Looks like i have one over 550.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited March 2006
    Yeah. 449 is a pretty healthy sized one. Largest I've seen on my machines is 404 and they generally take 90 up to 140 hours on my 3000 Barton (it's busy with other stuff too). I've read about some getting up to 600 points and something about new double Gromacs being over 1000 points each!

If you game a lot or have a CPU intensive project, your machine will hardly touch your WU intil your done- so a month (yikes!) to complete a WU sounds possible.

It seems that lately I've been getting way more of the 404 point heavies to chew on.

tmh88- I don't recollect the graphical version putting out a WU point value. And yes, the point graph on that chart shows your daily point production (pretty darn good I might add). I use EM3.5 mostly because it lets me know the status of all my folders. I'm not sure what else you might use to display this locally on your machine. I think EM would be better if it would also display your name and team number for each machine- but it does display WU value and it is pretty inobtrusive. I'd use it if you really want to know.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I see I've got a couple big ones running too.
    em5ob.th.jpg
  • edited March 2006
    my very first wu was 700 some points. now i get less than double that in a week and i have a better cpu.

bikerboy
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I just got a 686 point dbl gromac ...that should probably take a week or two!
    edit:\ this dgromac is actually folding as fast as the 219 pt gromac I just turned in ...let's hope they stay this way.:thumbsup:
  • edited March 2006
    csimon wrote:
    I just got a 686 point dbl gromac ...that should probably take a week or two!
    edit:\ this dgromac is actually folding as fast as the 219 pt gromac I just turned in ...let's hope they stay this way.:thumbsup:

what proc. are you using to fold?

bikerboy
    edited March 2006
    bikerboy wrote:
    what proc. are you using to fold?

bikerboy
    dual 2.66 xeon at work.
  • edited March 2006
    nice

bikerboy
    edited March 2006
    Now the other proc is doing a 529 point dgromac ...this is sweet! Hope this becomes a habit! At this rate my xeon dualie will be as productive as my opteron dual-core!
    edited March 2006
    turned in the 686 now working on a 731!