Problem when changing case

CrunchieCrunchie Mandurah. Western Australia. Member
edited March 2006 in Hardware
Hi all. I purchased a second hand Raidmax Scorpio case the other day. It has the front fascia with the LED's missing from it though :(.
My problem is that I transferred all the hardware from my daughters case into the Raidmax case and I get an error message when booting that the IDE drives cannot be found. There is an HD and a CDRom installed.
Now, the only thing not connected after transferring the hardware are the HDD LED connector and the Power LED connector.
Is there any chance at all that that could be the cause of the problem?
I have now transferred the hardware back into the original case and the PC is running perfectly again :).

Thanks guys.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    It almost has to be a grounding issue. I really don't think the LEDs are even detectable, and I am 99.9% sure that disconnected LEDs don't cause missing drive errors. I bet if you put it back into the scorpio again, it might work this time around....
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    There may a support standoff in the wrong place or something like that.
    I don't even have the leds connected on most of my machines.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited March 2006
    Hey Crunchie, good tips so far.. One other thing to check: Check and double check the orientation of each IDE cable. I've seen issues like that crop up on cables are plugged in backwards. Most cables should prevent you from plugging them incorrectly, but older ones sometimes do not.

Also, take a quick look at the jumpers to ensure that they are in the proper master/slave positions.
  • CrunchieCrunchie Mandurah. Western Australia. Member
    edited March 2006
    Thank you for the advice guys, I appreciate it.
    As soon as my main PC comes back (it's in the shop having the mobo changed under warranty) I will give this another try :).