SLI Laptop wow

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited March 2006 in Hardware
Sager is releasing a sli laptop with 2 go7800 pcie cards. could be old news but i came across it when i was looking for a Barebook laptop. says it will be released in lat march.. so any day now. only comes with 1gb of ram and 5400rpm hdd. still it has a 19in screen and for being sli it only runs around $3k which is about the cost of a desktop with similar specs. i want one:D battery life has to be rediculous on it though.

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    That, and the 5400HDD they put in there seems to negate the benefits of SLi :scratch:. Being an SLi system, you're going to be using this for extreme gaming ...you're not going to want to sit and wait for the levels to load... :hrm:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I have a 5400 RPM HDD and I don't really wait long at all. In fact I am surprised how fast these drives are.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited March 2006
    I'm sure along with those 7900's will be 2 gigs of some amazing ram...that'll make up for the 5400rpm drive!
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited March 2006
    Im going to be getting a laptop soon for school in the fall (Ohio U:rockon: ), and I want to get something thatl be good for gaming because I'm not bringing my desktop. I was thinking about the dell xps base model which is $2000 and comes stock with a 60 gig hd, 1 gig mem, 7800GTX, and some higher resolution 17" widescreen. Im going to upgrade it to an 80 gig 7200rpm, and 2 gigs of ram. Thatl be way faster than my computer now....and costs about twice as much too.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I have a 5400RPM HDD in my Presario V2000 as well. While I, too, am suprised at how fast they are, I definately notice a difference loading AOEIII on both the laptop and my desktop.

I'm sure other factors come into play, but this laptop has 768MB Ram, 128 dedicated to the x200 and a Turon ML-32. The desktop: 2500+ stock w. 512MB ram.

I'm just a little surpised in the choice of a 5400RPM HDD in a laptop that would be used almost solely for the purpose of gaming, that's all.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    tmh88 wrote:
    Im going to be getting a laptop soon for school in the fall (Ohio U:rockon: ), and I want to get something thatl be good for gaming because I'm not bringing my desktop. I was thinking about the dell xps base model which is $2000 and comes stock with a 60 gig hd, 1 gig mem, 7800GTX, and some higher resolution 17" widescreen. Im going to upgrade it to an 80 gig 7200rpm, and 2 gigs of ram. Thatl be way faster than my computer now....and costs about twice as much too.
    I was reading on some laptop forums that sager screens look better than dells.