Raid Stuff Up! :(

edited March 2006 in Hardware
Hi

I took some advice and now it has stuffed up. I bought a 200 gig Seagate SATA Drive. After installation It didn't show up in win explorer. So I called a friend and he told me to make them RAID, he was in a bit of hurry & I don't think he was paying much attention. So I followed his instructions and now the computer won't boot. The other drive was the boot drive and is only an 80 gig SATA drive. I tried to delete RAID "stuff" thru the raid facility on my MB (ASUS) but it still won't boot. Do i have to re-format and re-install XP-pro? If that is what i have to do, that is what I have to do, but I thght I should check first. The way i see it is, "Crud happens!"

I didn't want it as RAID in the first place, I just wanted an extra Hard drive

athlon 3200
ASUS A7N8X-X deluxe
1 Gig of ram
BLAH BLAH BLAH

Can anyone help or am i stuffed too? :)

thanks. Pete,

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited March 2006
    sounds like you will have to do a reformat after you entre the bios of the raid controler and delete the array

you might beable to save all of your data if you delete the raid array in the raid controler bios, which might make it boot but that sounds liek what you have done. then you can do a repair instal of XP by booting off the cd and it should be one of the options when you enter into XP setup. after it detects ( if it detects XP ) you can try a repair instalation.
  • edited March 2006
    Hi Armo

Thanks for the reply. I deleted the RAID Array thru the BIOS and tried the XP repair last night, but it won't even detect the Drive anymore. The installation says it cannot find a drive. So, basically I'm stuffed...sigh.:confused2

Thanks for your help:thumbsup: . Pete