7800gs

edited March 2006 in Hardware
Hi, i just bought a 7800 GS from EVGA and i popped it in, and it looks great, everything is fine except for at certain times in Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion when i look at certain lights it gets really wierd, the light goes out, and the screen gets all lined, like the polys are stretching. If you need a screen shot i can provide one. Anyone know why this is like this? The card is brand new, the drivers are the latest, its not hot, the last time this happened my copy of windows was corrupt, but i dont see how that could be, i just reformatted, and it worked fine earlier today on my ati 9550.

Thanks,
Flamez

Comments

• tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited March 2006
    make sure you have the latest drivers, and dx 9.0c (i think thats hte newest).

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp you can find them here
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Could be a power issue. What kind of power supply do you have?
  • edited March 2006
    My PSU is a 550 watt. Its this one
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103932

I know for a fact the drivers are the latest, as to install them i went to nvidias website and downloaded them.

Could this be that im running windows x64 and that something got screwy somewhere along the line?

Like i said, this has happened before when i used windows xp, but that turned out to be a corrupt installation of windows.

As for direct X, yes i have the latest one, atleast thats what my dxdiag says.
  • edited March 2006
    Oh, and is there any difference between a black molex connector on my psu or a white one? Because at this current time its plugged into a black one. Could that cause a problem?
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited March 2006
    The molex colors don't matter as long as its plugged into a 6 pin square molex or you have a converter for 2 4 pin connectors.

That PSU is PCIE ready, so you should be using the larger square molex.