bad bios flash/bad mobo.

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited April 2006 in Hardware
I was out today, and my friend sent me this message saying he has a problem. I'll copy and paste exactly what he said, because hes not online right now, so this is the extent that I know of the problem.

"so I have an MSI K8N Neo2 platinum right now, and the bios version i had was reporting the wrong temperatures, so i went to flash the bios and it was successful and all.

Now when I go to boot my system, it doesn't even POST

the d-bracket suggests its a RAM Problem, and I have 4 x 512mb pc3200 ram, so I tried switching them around, and then only trying to boot with one stick, but it still didn't work.

also when I turn it on it will just continually beep in intervals of about 1 second, so I checked the beep codes for the Award bios and it also indicates a RAM problem..i have to go now, but when I come back im oigng to try some of my brohters RAM"

Once again, I didnt talk to him, he just sent me this and I copied/pasted it on here for you guys to take a look at. any ideas?

Sounds more like a bad bios flash than anything to me

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Put 1 stick in slot #1, clear the CMOS, pull the battery out for at least a trip to Wendy's. Then put the battery back, put the CMOS jumper back to normal run position and hold dow the "Insert" key while powering up. Worth a shot.