Help with selection! Crucial or Corsair (PC2700)?

rishathrishath Virginia
edited April 2006 in Hardware
I have Gateway 7405GX notebook with one 512MB module. I am planning to upgrade to 1GB and I am really confused as to which memory to opt for. After some research I have narrowed down to the two.
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 200-Pin DDR SO-DIMM DDR 333 (PC 2700) Notebook Memory - OEM
Crucial Technology 1GB 200-Pin DDR SO-DIMM DDR 333 (PC 2700) Notebook Memory - OEM
I know both Corsair and Crucial are really good in memory modules, but I need your opinion to make a good choice. What do you recommend?
Note: I won't be overclocking and the Corsair comes to around $92 and the Crucial is around $102.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    I prefer corsair. they're both really good - it comes down to opinion at this stage. :)

Welcome to short-media
  • rishathrishath Virginia
    edited April 2006
    I prefer corsair. they're both really good - it comes down to opinion at this stage. :)

Welcome to short-media

Thank you for your opinion :)
    What about others? what do you suggest?
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2006
    I agree with prime, they are both very reputable manufacturers. Others to consider: OCZ (although I'm not sure if they make laptop ram), Kingston, Muskin and G.Skill.

Since the Corsair is cheaper, go for it :)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Corsair 100% they provide awesome Notebook ram and Desktop ram!
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited April 2006
    I have crucial in my system and I love it. Both are great, so just go for which ever is cheaper. You wouldn't notice the difference between the two
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Since you're not overclocking, the Corsair is cheaper, and they're both good, get the Corsair.
  • rishathrishath Virginia
    edited April 2006
    Thank you guys for all your opinions. I finally ordered the Corsair 1GB. Will let you know once I test it.