dvd burner question

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited April 2006 in Hardware
After I got a new dvd burner in my pc (NEC), my brother is dying to get one. My parents dell is an dimension 8300 i bleieve, and has a dvd burner in it, which I was going to switch with my brothers plain old dvd-rom drive. My parents never burn dvd's so they said its alright. Wow I'm such an idiot for asking this, but will the dell drive work fine in my brothers computer, or do they have speical software or something they need to work properly.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    It's just a drive. Put it where ever you please.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited April 2006
    tmh88 wrote:
    After I got a new dvd burner in my pc (antec), my brother is dying to get one. My parents dell is an dimension 8300 i bleieve, and has a dvd burner in it, which I was going to switch with my brothers plain old dvd-rom drive. My parents never burn dvd's so they said its alright. Wow I'm such an idiot for asking this, but will the dell drive work fine in my brothers computer, or do they have speical software or something they need to work properly.
    Antec doesn't make dvd burners.. and just plug auto detect then play :).
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited April 2006
    ****, I mean NEC. I get them confused all the time, dont ask how.

this is the burner. Originally I bought a samsung off of ebay but I ended up selling it to a friend because this NEC was cheaper (not antec, yes i know they make PSU's and other crap...lol). Thrax I should've taken your advice before i bought that samsung, this drive kicks ass.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152058

btw grayfox I havent seen you for a while, whatve you been up to?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    ;)