sound without sound....... anyone?

edited April 2006 in Hardware
hi. i'm fairly new to all this but i recently got a new system that was "custom made" for me. the system works fine except there is no sound coming from the onboard device (a Foxconn K7S741GXMG6L Skt A VGA Audio LAN MAXT with aries intergrated sound). the drivers have been installed, the system says all is ok.... but there is still nothing there. i have tested the speakers elswhere and they are fine. I have tried putting an actual pci sound card in there but it says that it cannot have more than 1 sound device running at the same time, so i uninstalled the onboard device only to have it re-install itself when i re-booted....... can anyone help because i'm stumbling around in the dark here....... many thanks.:banghead:

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Check the BIOS to make sure that the sound is enabled. Depending on your MoBo, the BIOS menus will be different, but you can always get there by pressing DEL during the memcheck when the computer first boots.

Look around for the on-board devices (may be called 'embedded devices' or something like that). Check the settings for the sound to make sure that it is enabled. Some MoBos have the on-board sound disabled by default.

Is there a reason that you aren't making the custom builder do the work?