Colors messed up when I play videos

phuschnickensphuschnickens Beverly Hills, Michigan Member
edited July 2006 in Hardware
I've tested multiple video clips, and when I play the video with the window on my flat panel, it is in full technicolor (looks like I'm tripping on acid, what should appear skin tone could be neon green and pink and blue.. can almost make out the video, but the colors are more than just a little off, they are completely messed up).

When I drag the video window to my CRT, the video goes completely blank, no video shows at all.

I checked my drivers, I know I installed them straight off the ATI disk, and they aren't showing problems. Maybe I need to change the default video display in BIOS????

I have a dual video setup up on a brand new Athlon 64 Toledo, two video cards... A radeon 9550 and a radeon x300... the x300 is hooked up to a flat panel display via DVI... the 9550 is hooked up to a CRT via VGA.

Please help. Thank you.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    I had that problem too, strangely enough. The way I got it to go away was to install WMP 10. Once I did that, everything worked like a charm :confused:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    It's not the drivers. It sounds like a codec issue. Make sure you have all the latest codecs (upgrading to the newest WMP, as prime suggested, should do that, or you could download them by themselves...).
  • phuschnickensphuschnickens Beverly Hills, Michigan Member
    edited April 2006
    Weird.. WMP10 installation worked like a charm... on a possibly related sidenote, Adobe Illustrator crashes when I save files if the window is on my LCD monitor.. if it is on my CRT it saves no prob.... what is going on?
  • edited April 2006
    Have you tried the latest version of the Omega drivers?
    edited April 2006
    Omega drivers?
  • edited April 2006
    http://www.omegadrivers.net/

If it wasnt for these puppies I wouldnt buy another ATI card... Install these and learn to love your video card again :)
    edited April 2006
    Ha.. i got a fix.. I feel a little stupid.. I was still having a weird problem with Excel and the Adobe Suite not liking to work correctly on my LCD (radeon x300), so just went to ATI's website and downloaded the newest drivers. everything appears to be working correctly now. I'm still gonna check out those omega drivers. Thanks for the tip.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2006
    Good stuff! glad you got it fixed phus! :thumbup
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited April 2006
    On my computer i had this kind of problems after a format and after reinstalling windows. (im pretty sure everything was working well with every video format before the format)

Even with newest driver and WMP10 some video still shows in green/orange/blue colors lol

The way i fixed it ? As i was desesperate i've come to look for another player and i found this one.

With VLC i can see every video without glitch, so now i use VLC as main player :p
  • edited July 2006
    I had to reformat due to hardware issues, video and colours were fine prior to the format. I primarily use wmp classic with ffshow and klite codec pack installed and every time i play video the colours appear over saturated (bright/fluorescent blues and reds) its very annoying as i want a closer to reality and crisper picture which im not getting.
    Am i able to twek the codecs prefs or is another way i can fix this problem?
    cheers, out