Gigabyte 7NNXP Details

ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
edited April 2005 in Hardware
Picked one of these up for a work rig today.. Im not normally a gigabyte board fan.. but this.. well..

nForce2 Ultra 400 with MCP-T... plus..

2 channel IDE Raid & 2 channel SATA Raid

Realtek ALC650 Audio AC'97 Codec & Soundstorm AUP + SP/Dif with RCA in

Dual BIOS // Firewire // USB2 // 6 phase power daughterboard // Dual ethernet (intel gigabit with a realtek nic) + more..

In all seriousness, the bundle of add-on cards & connectors is unreal! (3 SATA cables as well!) 4 PCI slot covers with connectors ;)

7NNXP spec

photo_7nnxp_20_big.jpg

It had a multiplier BIOS issue which is now fixed :) and will do 200fsb out of the box.

Not installed this in the rig yet.. and I really wanna take it home to try it! But alas.. I can't :( .. cause even though I've had bad experiences with GB in the past. This is a very tidy boad with a strong BIOS. Only negative = no 4 holes for mounting those monster coolers/water rigs.

BTW... TechSeekers got this board up to 240mhz!

Comments

• NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    For gods sake Shorty, get the thing in a machine and tell us how it works. Don't keep us in suspense. :D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    A Gigabyte board that overclocks?

Excuse me. I have to go prepare for armageddon.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Thrax said
    A Gigabyte board that overclocks?

Excuse me. I have to go prepare for armageddon.

rofl.. :D
  • dodododo Landisville, PA
    edited June 2003
    Thats pretty impressive! Gigabyte seems to have come through *knock on wood*.

~dodo
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited June 2003
    ACHOO!

I'm allergic to Gigabyte....

.....Still they are one of the top 5 mobo manufacturers
    edited June 2003
    I've got a 2500+ Barton sitting here awaiting installation and some Corsair as well. My intention is to "burn it in" in the lab .. before it has it's final home in the machine intended.

That will give me some time to overclock it a little and see how it performs ;)
    edited June 2003
    It just seems strange that someone like Gigabyte comes out with a motherboard that can do 200+ fsb out of the box.
    edited June 2003
    That aren't exactly known for it. Also, the bundle is immense! How much can you squeeze onto a board? AND in the box??!

Im gonna take some snapshots first ;) I can't review it first as I have to build into a rig :( but I can get an hour or so to play before it goes in.
    edited June 2003
    Less talking and more playing, :nudge: I mean building.

Oh and Shorty, who you calling a scary sounding scouser?
    edited June 2003
    Gigabyte 7N400 Pro (Nforce2) mobo review link added
    edited June 2003
    board looks the same.... ahh I see - the daughter card slot is missing (above CPU socket)

(tsk,tsk Shorty - you're supposed to PM me mobo review links! :) )

7N400 Pro
  • edited June 2003
    What's a daughtercard?

(That reminds me of the CDW commercial where the guys walks in and says "I think I fried the motherboard... and the fatherboard.)
    edited June 2003
    Theres a Gigabyte GA-7nnXP review link in the mobo thread.

At the top of the mobo above the CPU sockets, & below the backports is a pinout for a power regulator daughter card. It's Missing on the 7N400Pro but present on the 7NNXP

BTW ISA/PCI/AGP cards used to be called daughter cards in the old IBM PC/AT days.

ie: Motherboard -> Daughter Cards
  • edited April 2005
    hi, 'got a lil' question.
    i've got a GA-7NNXP nForce 2 Ultra....where can I find the newest SiI 3112 Bios for my s-ata raid/base controller on-board?

thanks.