Constantly restarting

RickehzRickehz UK
edited May 2006 in Hardware
Hello.

My PC seems to like to restart when it reboots- it would reach the part when the Windows logo appears with the loading bar, but would then just restart.

I've tried safe mode, but it will reach the line WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys and the restart again.

After some googling, that's a BlueTooth device; but it's been installed for a while now.

Any suggestions? Cheers.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2006
    Try booting from your WinXP CD and go to the Recovery Console. When you get there type in CHKDSK /F and let CheckDisk run.

Would you have any reason to doubt the integrity of your hard drive? (Occasional clanking noises, etc)
  • 07mavribea07mavribea Perth, Western Australia
    edited April 2006
    I had a similar problem when the computer would reboot at any randodm stage. Sometimes it would last 20 seconds or 10 minutes or running to reboot by itself. The solution was simple, take out your RAM and just put it back in. For precaution you should try a Memtest 86 but i doubt that your RAM is bad.
  • majora2007majora2007 Planet Earth
    edited April 2006
    Maybe check your tempatures and your power supply. I have had a problem like that and I just needed a new PSU.
  • SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
    edited May 2006
    I had this exact same problem a few days ago -

after your checkdisk has run - if u still get no joy - I would suggest a repair install of windows.
    go to setup - when you get to options r for recovery, enter for setup, press enter and let it find your current installation, it will ask whether you wish to repair or setup again - choose r for repair here and then let it go!
    make sure you have your serial number handy.

This fixed the problem for me.