Halo Horror

EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
edited November 2003 in Gaming
Game has been running perfectly, no hitches, smooth gameplay until I reached the bit where you destroy the third shield generator. As I was leaving the room the screen was just fading back in from white and it hardlocked, no reason at all, and to top it off, it deleted my save game. Yay.

So does anyone here have a savegame just at the bit before or when you are blowing up the third shield as I really do not want to play it all again, especially after just doing all this.

Cheers,
NS

Comments

• SouriatSouriat Nottingham, UK
    edited October 2003
    Any idea what file or checkpoint number it should be? i have 139mb in the savegame dir and checkpoints from 1 to 27 i assume its in there somewhere :)
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    No idea at all. I dont even know what the chapter is called :eek:

This sucks.

NS
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited October 2003
    You are in luck.

Just noticed a Torrent on supernova to download all the halo save games.

hope it helps! :cool:
    edited October 2003
    argh....... I HATE BITTORRENT...........

ffs, suppose I will have to download the damn thing again.
    It always saturates my upload thus killing my download speed entirely.

NS
    edited October 2003
    I have found limiting your upload speed with an app like DL supercontroller seems to help a lot. I think that game save file is pretty small.

also if you forward ports 6881-6889 on your firewall (I think those are the ports anyway) it helps your download speeds TREMENDOUSLY. at least it does for me.
    edited October 2003
    Not sure if you already got the torrent but in this zip is a few checkpoint saves from the betrayal level period which was the generator killing, should work if you stick them in saves/checkpoints, must add that when testing my saves the all seemed to just start the chapter again even though they were for individual points during it better than no saved game though ;).

And if you find bittorent is saturating upload youll want to use a throttled client i personally use http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/ this one, much better than the normal BT client :)

//Edit: no file attached grab it here (removed)
    edited October 2003
    Ok, right, how far after blowing up the last shield was the next bit where you start the chapter " A one-cyborg assault" blah blah?

NS
    edited October 2003
    If i remember right, you blow up the last shield get a cutscene where you get transported onto a ship, and that is a different name, i can only assume thats before it or far enough after ive not got there yet.
    edited October 2003
    Damn, that means I have missed that area out. Strange, it isnt in the selectable missions list......

NS
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited October 2003
    so does anyone know how to forward those ports on a Belkin router.

Sorry if its a bit ot. :)

Jim
    edited October 2003
    Meh, take the thread all you like, completed the game anyway now.

Wasn't very impressed at all to be honest, so damn repetetive and some bits were just plain annoying.

NS
    edited October 2003
    NightShade737 said
    Meh, take the thread all you like, completed the game anyway now.

Wasn't very impressed at all to be honest, so damn repetetive and some bits were just plain annoying.

NS

I agree. Some maps you would actually get through only to have to complete a mirror image of the same map again.

I only played the xbox version.

Its like they realised they had 6 hours of great gameplay but needed more so they settled for 10 hours of mediocre gameplay, by duplicating some of the levels.

Yes it was pretty in the beginning, but WAY overhyped.

Hopefully Halo 2 will be better.
    edited October 2003
    Cant believe some sites have given it such good reviews though, i.e. Gamespot, or even worse, Icrontic Games. How can you possibly say the game looks great when most of it is low res textures and the rest just looks like ass.

The Library was just a joke too.....

So, I do this level, then go up this lift to the next level, which is actually just exactly the same level again with the same monsters in the same place, I just have less life, so when I get to the end I go up another lift to exactly the same level again with the same monsters in the same place again, etc etc.........

Not to mention the amount of machines that the game doesn't even work on.

Oh well.

NS
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited October 2003
    NightShade737 said
    Cant believe some sites have given it such good reviews though, i.e. Gamespot, or even worse, Icrontic Games. How can you possibly say the game looks great when most of it is low res textures and the rest just looks like ass.

The Library was just a joke too.....

So, I do this level, then go up this lift to the next level, which is actually just exactly the same level again with the same monsters in the same place, I just have less life, so when I get to the end I go up another lift to exactly the same level again with the same monsters in the same place again, etc etc.........

Not to mention the amount of machines that the game doesn't even work on.

Oh well.

NS

Hated that level with a passion. Need to release the SDK so I can get started on custom maps :\
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    edited October 2003
    I was dissapointed as well.
    Everything looked the same.
    The Library was very tedious.
    "All" the levels looked more or less the same.
    I heard the story was very good.
    I for one did not think it was anything special.

I liked Half-Life in singleplayer more than Halo.

There was something odd with the steering as well.
    Mine was a bit jerky and sometimes he got stuck in a forward motion.
    edited October 2003
    Single player did indeed suck, but playing ctf online has been fun for me :)
    edited October 2003
    CTF would be fun for me if the fuel rod and flame thrower weren't in there. That, and if grenades had a bit of a longer fuse :(
  • MJOMJO Denmark New
    edited October 2003
    Single player did indeed suck, but playing ctf online has been fun for me

Odd thing is that the reviews have been that positive.
    Maybe they did not play the entire game.
    I believe the level designers did one too many copy-paste when designing this game.
  • edited November 2003
    Could someone send me a savegame that loads the point where you are just about to get lifted out of the swamp, and you'r about to go to a place called "The Library"? I accidentally skipped the cutscenes between "The Flood" and "The Library" thanks to a sh!tty audio bug w/ EAX. I have it fixed now, but I'd really, really like to see that cutscene!
    edited November 2003
    I kept having sentences cut out all the time, was that due to EAX?

NS
  • edited November 2003
    NightShade737 had this to say
    I kept having sentences cut out all the time, was that due to EAX?

NS

That is exactly what I was refferring to, and the answer is: I dont know. Actually, they are still speaking, just very quietly.

I was going to exit to the menu, turn of hardware acceleration, and return, but I ended up just killing hte cutscene! :banghead:
    edited November 2003
    Save the game, then go to new game and it should let you select all the areas up to your current point, then when you select that one it should show you that cutscene.... (unless it only shows it at the end of the other bit).

Yeah, that was so annoying, I didn't know what half of it was about due to the sound cutting out.

NS
  • edited November 2003
    (As you come near the tower Foe Hammer was speaking of, an odd blue object and a flotilla of floating robots descends from the mist. The robots begin to slice away at any nearby Flood, avoiding your Marines. After a few minutes of fighting around the base of the tower, you suddenly find yourself enveloped in a bright gold light, and then appear on top of one of the legs of the tower. The blue object hovers in front of you)

343 GUILTY SPARK:

Greetings. I am the Monitor of installation 04. I am 343 Guilty Spark. Someone has released the Flood. My function is to prevent it from leaving this installation. But I require your assistance. Come. This way.

(You vanish in another series of amber flashes)

FOE HAMMER:

Chief, I've lost your signal! Where'd you go? Chief? Chief!

Is that all I missed?
    edited November 2003
    Yeah, he is just walking along and the monitor talks to him, talks him up the steps then teleports him inside, you didn't really miss anything.

NS
    edited November 2003
    Good luck with Library level :P
    edited November 2003
    The library level isn't hard, it's just so repetetive that you die because you just cant be bothered to do it anymore.

So it may take a few days for the sheer fact you will get bored of playing it and have to come back to it....

NS
  • edited November 2003
    Yeah, that's what other's tell me. :-/

It's a shame each level repeats itself nearly every other room...