AMD Sempron 64 3000+ & ASRock K8Upgrade-NF3

IpeXeuSIpeXeuS Finland
edited April 2006 in Hardware
Hi there,

I've an ISSUE! What is easiest/safest way to overclock AMD Sempron 64 3000+ processor with socket 754 ASRock K8Upgrade-NF3 motherboard ( http://www.asrock.com/product/K8Upgrade-NF3.htm )? I've tryied to overclock my processor trought the BIOS (overclock mode), but everytime I boot, I'll get an error message "CMOS Checksum Bad". All tough, in Windows I could overclock my processor and graphic card with NTune, but overclock last until the next boot. I even have Zalman CNPS9500 LED processor cooler installed. Can anyone tell me, is there anykind of guide to do a safe overclock etc. Help the noob a.s.a.p.

Comments

• edited April 2006
    THIS should be of great help for you. it was written by our very own Lemonlime.

bikerboy
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2006
    Hi IpeXeuS, Welcome to Short-Media!

I'm not too familiar with that mainboard.. is the 'overclock mode' an automatic overclocking tool? If yes, I'd recommend against using it. Manual overclocking, although a little more slow to accomplish, usually provides superior results.

'CMOS Checksum Bad' errors usually revolve around system instability (HTT bus speed too high is a common reason, as well memory instability)

Definitely check out the OC guide bikerboy linked ;)