7950gtx 2

2»

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    ryko wrote:
    i want more innovation from gpu manufacturers, and i feel that SLI/crossfire has allowed them to be somewhat lazy. why innovate when you can just slap another expensive card in there and count your profits for another few months before bringing out a new product.
    I'm not sure new, innovative devlopment has actually been deprioritized, but it certainly could.

I'm in complete agreement with everything else you said :D. Fluorescent lights put me to sleep, too, and the unavailability of affordable future-proof hdcp monitors really irks me. I've been putting off an LCD monitor purchase for a long time now, and hdcp still hasn't become commonplace, regardless of Microsoft requiring it.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I think Quad SLI is very innovative, maybe not to the point of "OMG! it has a 200% increase" The GPU guys are stuck in a hard spot as they are now running into CPU bottlenecks, if they can bypass this issue without going Dual , Dual core they could really push envelopes.

Also it is pure business, If Nvidia or ATI have a chip that can perform at 25% increase in speed why roll out one that has 50% when they know we will be happy with 15% or better. The consumer is the one that also shaped the graphics market.
  • edited May 2006
    I wouldn't waste my money on it.. check out xbits findings:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/geforce7900-quad-sli.html
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Like I said before, Quad SLI is good for 2000+ res settings or for 30" LCDs... it has the power to keep pushing the frames on high res settings. 1600 x 1200 has become a pretty good standard of 30% of gamers, with 1280 x 1024 right behind it. but you would be suprised on how many people still push 1024x 768... eekk did i just say that...so wrong it is just so wrong to have to play games at that res....
  • VicarVicar Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Single; dual;quad; sext; etc;etc; etc..........

I guess it all boils down to money and If your needs or fantasy demands or fuels your need for it.

Just my 2p worth.