XP Home gets to loading screen the restarts

edited April 2006 in Hardware
I was browsing the net for a solution to my problem when i found this place so i thought i might as well try it

I have an athlon 3000+ with 1Gb of DDR400 RAM and a SATA 80Gb HDD

Two weeks ago i started up my pc and it would not start up, it would just hang at the loading screen. So i format and reinstall XP. A week later the same thing happens except after the loading screen it would show a blue screen with text on before restarting. So i try the Recovery console and it said "The Volume contains one or more unrecoverable problems" or something along those lines when i did CHKDSK. So i format it again, then this morning i turn on my pc only to find the same thing has happened, and i can't backup mydata because my pc is the only one with a SATA compatible motherboard. I know if i format again it'll only happen again in a weeks time. I read somewhere that it could mean your HDD is ready for the digital dump (i hope ebuyer give a year time warranty on these things)
I really want my pc back up and running for more than a week so please help me.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2006
    Get the diagnostic program from your hard drive manufacturer and see what it says. If you need help finding it, just let me know and I'll try and help. If it tells you it failed make sure and write down whatever error code it gives you.
  • edited April 2006
    I think that would be powermax wouldn't it
    it's a maxtor 6Y80M0 HDD.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2006
    cueball61 wrote:
    I think that would be powermax wouldn't it
    it's a maxtor 6Y80M0 HDD.
    That's the one. :thumbsup: