Blue screen....completely blue

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited April 2006 in Hardware
Lately I've been getting alot of bluescreens, but usually only when I'm gaming, but I have had it randomly occur when on the internet . I'd say i've had about 5 of them within the past 2 week. My computer will go to the blue screen, but theres no text, its just completely blue. When I restart, it says the error was caused by a device driver, so that could mean alot of things. I have no idea where to start other than reinstalling my videocard drivers. I havent installed any new hardware or devices for a really long time, except for an xbox 360 controller. I also ran some spyware/adware programs just to be sure. Does anyone here know what can cause a completely blue screen, with no text? I dont think its overheating because my videocard is reading 55ºC under full load, and my cpu is 48ºC under full load.

Comments

• QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited April 2006
    While browsing? What browser do you have? What OS are you using (Specifics- Pro, Home, etc.)? Have you also gone to Windows Updates (IF that is what you have) lately and looked at some of the optional updates? Check them out and see if you might not really need them. BE SURE to do the Hardware ones. Also see if there might not have been some updates to the games you are playing.

Hope this hleps! :thumbsup:
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited April 2006
    I use both IE and firefox. I've had it happen while using IE, but I dont think thats the problem. Im using xp pro, and I reinstalled the drivers for my videocard. I think that might have solved it. I was playing cs for a few hours and I didnt get a bluescreen so thats good. I'll report back later tonight on how its going.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2006
    Hey tmh88, I'd definitely start with Memtest86+.. although they are driver related, it would be best to start eliminating possible hardware causes before software. You can find Memtest86+ in the SM downloads section. Also, how are your voltage rails?
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited April 2006
    I played CS, Halo, and UT 2004 for a few hours tonight and I havent had a bluescreen. I think that it was my videocard drivers causing the problem, but I'll run memtest anyway.