Revamping my WC system and wiring

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited April 2006 in Hardware
Lately ive noticed my tubes getting a nice white film on the inside and im just bored looking for something new to work on.

Im still using the old "brownie with hosebarbs" mcw6000 block and since its a solid copper block you cant clean it other than just rinsing. so i ordered a apogee to replace that.

I have a big duel120 thermochill core on top that has really bugged me since i got it and realized the little air bleeding screw prevented me from mounting it inside the case. so i have a 12x5x3/4 in condenser core comming. its thin so ill still be able to use 3 of my 5 1/4 bays.

The way i put everything together prevents me from using my HDD rack so i have extra hard drives just laying around in there so im gunna be rethinking were i have my pump mounted so i can get everthing in there with better air flow.

My psu is sleeved and everything but i was pretty hasty and didnt do it as well as i want to. im going to be remvoing unneeded connectors that hang around and solder some custom lengs to eliminate wires shooting acrosse my case or haveing extra wire hanging around.

Lastly everthing is a little dusty so i need to get everthing cleaned up.

heres a pick from when i was putting it together the first time around
100_0054.jpg

heater core, wireing, molex connectors, wire sleeving, cpu block are all inc and should be here wed or thurs.

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Awesome, Magic! Keep us posted when the new stuff arrives!
  • edited April 2006
    That's great, ][V][AGIC. :)

As for cleaning out the old waterblock and radiator, you can judiciously use some bleach, which will waste algae. Just don't leave the bleach in the block too long. I recently was cleaning out the radiator and waterblocks on my watercooled system, which had been in service for around 3 years and had algae grungies growing in it. After treating ithe waterblocks and radiator with bleach, I then filled them with hydrogen peroxide in them both and let it sit for a few hours, letting the peroxide eat up the organics. After flushing everything out well with water, all the algae was removed.

BTW, I wasn't using any industrial strength products, just regular household bleach and regular 2% hydrogen peroxide. Be aware that the bleach will discolor the copper, but it is easy to remove from the outside of the waterblock.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    thanks for the tips, ive always used vinegar. ill give the beach a try though
    edited April 2006
    got all my crap in teh mail and im gettin started, first off i drained the water and began to break everything down.
    1.jpg
    broke out my new waterblock which im very excited about.
    5.jpg
    4.jpg
    took apart my gpu block and found what i figured it would look like, thats why i baugh a new block that can be taken apart because im sure the old cpu block is gunked just like this.
    02.jpg
    after a 18 hour viniger bath and some toothpick/dremel acton
    9.jpg
    toobs are in haggard shape too so ill be soaking and cleaning those next.
    04.jpg
    swiftech shorted me a back plate so luckily i keep every spring, skrew, nut, and bolt ive ever gotten with anything so i was able to use my old dfi backplate with some shorter springs i had laying around, replaced the chipset thermal pad with AS and sleeved teh wire.
    2.jpg
    gunna grind some stuff out today, ill post some more pics tonight. new camera olympus stylus 600 btw, pics are fuzzy havent quite figured it out yet.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2006
    Ya need to post the temp differences between the different blocks. :)

Be steadier with the camera or increase the shutter speed. :)
    edited April 2006
    new simpler water system in there, took the big dual 120 out of there and put a 2x 80 black ice micro up front... ya ya i know its not as good w/e my room is cool and ive never had a problem with heat
    bdc16b36.jpg
    gettin all the nasty air out takes a damn month
    f00bf29b.jpg
    811b51ae.jpg
    put a nice grill on top, get some good air moving
    cda7bf93.jpg
    874ba972.jpg
    started on the power supply now, ill be up soldering all night.
    edited April 2006
    woot it fired up, 23* in he bios and the 7800 was at 31. ill finish up and get some finished pics up tommarow.
    edited April 2006
    Sounds great, Magic! Keep up the good work.
    edited April 2006
    P1010018.jpg
    P1010015.jpg
    P1010014.jpg
    P1010013.jpg
    P1010020.jpg
    P1010022.jpg
    P1010025.jpg
    P1010027.jpg
    P1010026.jpg
    P1010028.jpg
    getting between 22-25*c cpu and 31-33*c gpu
    im happy with how it turned out.
    edited April 2006
    Thanks for all the great pics!
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2006
    Looks awesome Magic! I especially like the PSU customization you did. I did some similar things with my old Antec 430. Keeps the case looking super clean :)

What is that 3x120 grill you have on the top of the case? I was looking for a 2x120 version of that for a long time, but couldn't find anything in north america, only europe.
  • edited April 2006
    I too want to know where you got those fan vents.

Really nice job. Reminds me that my system still needs tweaking, and I assembled it only a few months ago. I'm about ready to build some of my own parts since nobody makes them the way I want.

Where are those hoses going that are exiting the back of the case below the fan?
    edited April 2006
    The grill on top is a spin off of the Aqua computer ones that you can only get from europe or sharka.com sells them but theyre really expensive.
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=290&zenid=47ac4f18a64c2953e8e62d676c95e7e9
    thats where i got mine, performance-pcs is a great place to buy water stuff or psu if youve never heard of them.

The tubes going out the back go to a 80mm radiator before the gpu,
    loop is T-line->pump->dual80mm rad->cpu->80mm rad->gpu->
    a70e7df5.jpg