Thoughts on the Gigabyte Aurora

edited April 2006 in Hardware
Well all, aspire finally decided it was time to upgrade the ol case. Just today, i went on over to petras tech shop which is about a 10 min drive form my house and grabbed the gigabyte aurora. Man is this case wicked awesome! Unfortunately i dont have my camera with me at the moment seeing as my bro took it with him to costa rica >:-O

so yeah. My friend is comin over tommorow with his camera and ill get pics up then. but man o man is it awesome. anyways, if you have any thoughts on the case, or know a cheap good, sleeved power supply id love to hear from you. Im currently eyeballing the SUnbeam NUUO 550w but im still open to suggestions or advice.

Peace Out!

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    I just googled the Aurora. That really does look like a nice case!
  • edited April 2006
    Yeah, that is a nice looking case. I like the fact that there are 2-120mm fans on the back, which would be great for mounting a double sized radiator externally on the back.
  • edited April 2006
    which is exactly what im going to do this summer. Ill have pics of it up shortly
  • edited April 2006
    just got one today. Can't wait to get this new system built.
  • edited April 2006
    psupef2k wrote:
    just got one today. Can't wait to get this new system built.

That's great, psupef2k. :) Be sure and let us know what you think of the case and how the install goes.

Also, if you have any literary skills, Short Media pays for articles such as case reviews. You could get a GPU heatsink or waterblock from the money, writing the article.:)
  • edited April 2006
    I actually do have a review written up for it. I can get it to you if your interested. For reference purposes it is about 1400 words and approx 4 pages of text.
    edited April 2006
    I actually do have a review written up for it. I can get it to you if your interested. For reference purposes it is about 1400 words and approx 4 pages of text.

Send it off to General Keebler, and it will be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:
  • edited April 2006
    I pieced my machine together tonight.

All I can say is wow. I put no effort (in my eyes) into cable management this evening while putting it together, and it LOOKS GREAT! I am waiting until after my new heat sink & fan arrive to finalize my wire management, but it shouldn't take more than a few zip ties & the included clips to make this look awesome. I opted for round floppy and ide cable as well to improve internal airflow and it is very easy to route cables through this case. Also much quieter (is that a word?) than my old piece of crap case w/ a prescott in it. Sounds like a jet engine compared to this thing. More thoughts to come, but so far, so amazing!
    edited April 2006
    psupef2k wrote:
    I pieced my machine together tonight.

All I can say is wow. I put no effort (in my eyes) into cable management this evening while putting it together, and it LOOKS GREAT! I am waiting until after my new heat sink & fan arrive to finalize my wire management, but it shouldn't take more than a few zip ties & the included clips to make this look awesome. I opted for round floppy and ide cable as well to improve internal airflow and it is very easy to route cables through this case. Also much quieter (is that a word?) than my old piece of crap case w/ a prescott in it. Sounds like a jet engine compared to this thing. More thoughts to come, but so far, so amazing!

Pics! :vimp:
  • edited April 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Pics! :vimp:
    I'll see if I can get some tonight! Another highlight I forgot to mention is the inclusion of perfectly sized holes at the bottom of the HDD cage to run your SATA wires through. Gigabyte paid great attention to detail on this product.
  • edited April 2006
    That sounds like a really nice case, psupef2k. I'm looking forward to your pics.