How do I clear unwanted text from pictures?

iHatePopUpsiHatePopUps Singapore
edited May 2006 in Internet & Media
Let's say I've just used Windows Movie Maker to take a picture from a video clip. Saved in either bmp or jpg format, but the catch is that it has credits, and I don't want that to be in the pic (I wanna make it into a wallpaper). Is there any way to remove it other than coloring over the text?

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    No. Since it is not a 'vector' style graphic, there is no way to remove something from the foreground of the image like that. The information for what should be behind the text simply doesn't exist anywhere in the image file.

I recomend that, whatever graphics editing program you are using, you play around with the 'clone' tool, and see if you can get it to do what you need.

Alternatively, you could post the image here, and one of the guys who enjoys that sort of thing might volunteer to do it for fun. It's not something that anyone has to do, howevr, so don't be disapointed if no one takes you up on it...
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Yeah you'll need photoshop or something nice, or use your imagination and think of a creative way of getting rid of the text. Generally, unlike the movies, you cannot just pull off the text like a sticker and have the original picture, you practically have to paint it in... I have a thread here where I took out a whole car from a photo, and other things, not my best work, but it looked good enough ;)

http://short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36979
  • iHatePopUpsiHatePopUps Singapore
    edited April 2006
    cool! damm...I thought there was an easy way around. I was watching an anime recently and there was a scene that I wanted to convert into a wallpaper for my desktop you see. Big problem is, there's a huge chunk of ending credits as well all over the screen.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Since it's an anime, there may be another solution.

See if you can find the DVD.

Many, not all, anime DVDs offer a 'special feature' called a 'text-free closing'. Often some of the neatest looking stuff shows up in the credits sequence, and they want to be able to show it off. Look up the DVD for this title, and see what the special features are.
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited April 2006
    what anime is it

there is alot of wallpapers that can be found already

heck I might have it myself
  • iHatePopUpsiHatePopUps Singapore
    edited May 2006
    Gundam Seed Destiny - Final Phrase Plus, the ending where Lacus has her head on Kira's shoulder. I want that scene without the credits. :)
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Try this site... I linked directly to the series you named.
    http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallpapers/gseeddestiny/