IC_11 Repair - HD Issue

GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
edited April 2006 in Folding@Home
Not a question of vital importance, but one that I'm hoping someone could give me an answere to quickly, since I'm working on IC_11 currently.

I'm still having a hard time with IC_11's hard drive. I'm down to one last hard drive I think will be reliable, but it's showing up as having half the capacity. It's a 8.4 gb drive and it's showing up as a 4.2 in the Windows setup. I'm about to run the Seagate bootable disk tools, but if that doesn't work, does anyone else have an idea of how to get the full space available?

If I can't get the full 8gb available, I'll just use it as a 4gb. It'd just be nice to have the whole thing.

EDIT: Apparently the LBA/Sector was set to half of the recommended size. I <3 Diskwizard. As soon as I see that Windows recognizes the new formatted size, I'll delete the thread. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Diskwizard is my hero, problem solved.

BTW, "Fingers crossed, go grammar?" Seriously?

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2006
    I moved it over to our SMx History Forum. I also re-opened it so peops can give you a pat on the back for figuring it out.

Pat, pat. :thumbsup::vimp:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Pat graciously accepted :D

So, this Diskwizard thing is available from Seagate's website, but of course, only works on Seagate HDs. It's avilable as a bootable ISO or floppy.

I found the setting I needed under "set hard drive size." Who knew it'd be that straight-forward? ;D
    Seriously though, I'm becoming a big Seagate fan. :thumbsup:

I've noticed how quiet my new Seagate drive is in my main rig, but even this old drive is silent (I can't hear it even with the side panel off!), so now IC_11 and it's vodka-cooled goodness can have a public viewing spot down in the dining room.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Way to go Garg.... Good troubleshooting!!!