system running slow

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited April 2006 in Hardware
Hey guys my computer is benchmarking really low for some reason. I formatted my hd and reinstalled windows yesterday, and today when I was benchmarking my system was scoring really low in aquamark. I have an amd 64 3200+, ati x800XL, 1 gig of pc 3200 ram, and an asus k8v se deluxe mobo, and running xp pro. I used to score around 60,000 on stock speeds in aquamark, now I can only get like 25,000. I have the newest catalyst drivers, direct x 9.0c, and no hardware changes so I have no clue why im scoring so low. Service pack 2 is downloading right now, but I dont know how much of difference that will make, if it makes any at all.

I played around in my bios and that didnt help any. I made sure my graphics card was set to 256mb, and at apg 8x. Should I have fastwrite on or off? My ram is set to 2:1 pc3200 which is what I have so i imagine thats what its supposed to be at. HTT is set to 800mhz.

edit - I finished installing SP2 and ran aquamark again and I got 59,000! I didnt think it would actually do anything but man was I wrong