Restart when loading into Window..

edited May 2006 in Hardware
hi guys, my computer now keep restarting itself when it had loaded into the window.

The progression:

when i on the computer, it show the hp screen

then the screen go into the do you want to enter Windows in Safe Mode, As Normal, or With Last Good Config.

my computer will keep restarting itself regard of the option i choose.

when in safe mode:

it Stops during the long list of drivers with ".../agp440.sys" and then it restart right after that.

do anyone here have any diagnosis or solution to solve this problem i have...???

thx

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2006
    I'm hoping that HP gave you a "real" Windows CD, and not something proprietary of their own. Assuming you have one (or can borrow one) boot up from your Windows CD and go to the Recovery Console. Once you get there, type in the command

chkdsk /f

and let the program run. If that doesn't help we can try something else.
  • edited April 2006
    Hp did not give me the real "window xp" disc...but it come with their own Hp recovery disc.....
    edited April 2006
    You could try booting from that and see what options it gives you. Be very careful! Some so-called "Recovery Discs" want to format your drive and reload everything from scratch. Don't do anything you're not sure of unless you have all of your data backed up and you're willing to risk starting all over with a clean drive.
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited April 2006
    Well some folks thinks I know alot, but that is not the whole truth.
    I'm only lucky in finding some information on the internet.
    Such as this ....

Let's take a moment to look at a BSOD in its natural environment, careful now, we don't want to startle it...
    Note the eye catching shade of blue intended to warn us of trouble, the detailed list of hexadecimal numbers, and relatively unhelpful 'tip.'
    This is the BSOD in all its glory, so be very afraid if you ever come face to face with this hideous creature!

Beginners Guides: Crash Recovery - Dealing with the Blue Screen Of Death
  • edited April 2006
    After reading this, i saw "Essentially, if you can't boot into Windows XP safe mode because of crashes or Blue Screens Of Death, you likely either have a hardware error or one or more essential system files is corrupted or missing." which is wat happen to me and it ended with ".../agp440.sys" which seem to be the graphic card.

so is there maybe a hardware problem with my graphic card??
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited April 2006
    Test your memory, harddisk etc. with the Ultimate Boot CD 3.2 found here,
    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Edit,
    We can wait until profdlp logs in and can give us some more good advice.

But one way to save un-saved data from your hard disk is to use one bootable system like knoppix.

Knoppix boots directly from the CD/DVD and needs not to be installed on the hard disk.

Read more about it here,
    http://www.knoppix.org/
    edited April 2006
    Esso wrote:
    Test your memory, harddisk etc. with the Ultimate Boot CD 3.2 found here,
    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Edit,
    We can wait until profdlp logs in and can give us some more good advice...
    The ultimatebootcd idea sounds like a winner. I'd start by testing the memory with memtest-86, then move on to the hard drive. :)
  • SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
    edited May 2006
    I would try and get a copy of a windows cd - make a note of your serial number and then do a repair install - this will fix any windows problems and keep your files intact. This worked for me recently!