Timing suggestions for 4x512MB OCZ Platinum TCCD

lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
edited May 2006 in Hardware
Hey Mackanz,

Just wondering if you could provide some timing suggestions for maximum memory performance on a DFI NF4 Ultra-D, and 4x512MB OCZ Platinum Rev.2 dimms. I know it is unlikely that I'll get anywhere near 300MHz, even with 2T timings, but I'd like to extract the best possible performance with four dimms.

Memory controller on this Opteron 148 is pretty decent. Right now I'm at 200MHz 2-2-2-5 2T as a starting point.

Just thought I'd ask for some suggestions to save some time before I dive in head first :)

Thanks.

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Hi buddy,

Can you determine what the lowest clocking module does at 2.5,3,3,7?
    Use settings on the alpha timings based on your normal clock to start with.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2006
    MackanzOCZ wrote:
    Hi buddy,

Can you determine what the lowest clocking module does at 2.5,3,3,7?
    Use settings on the alpha timings based on your normal clock to start with.

Will-do, I'll report back in a bit.

Thanks Mac.
    edited May 2006
    Didn't have too much of a chance to tweak yet, but I tried 2.5-3-3-7 as you suggested and hit a memtest wall at only 230MHz :scratch:

I'm going to have to test these sticks individually to be 100% sure of what is going on.
    edited May 2006
    Pretty normal with 4 sticks,but there are tweaks. Drive strength at 6 or 8 and Data drive -30 or -50%. Use the Tony 704 bios.
    edited May 2006
    Doing pretty well so far. I'm at 228MHz 2-3-3-6. Things improved a bit once I removed my IHS once again. Things are fairly tight with the exception or Trc and MAL. Stronger drive strength did improve things a fair bit. Going to try to tighten things up a bit more soon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19957&stc=1&d=1146704161
    edited May 2006
    That's quite tight on the alphas, aye :)

Does it help if you loosen the "2's" at all? Up the voltage to 2.8 or 2.85 and set 2.5-4-4-7 and see how far they go with all 4.