SM34 issue

deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
edited April 2006 in Folding@Home
I'm really sorry about this, but I've been busy with work and other things recently and I didn't notice until today that SM34 stopped folding a week or so ago. I tried to RDP onto it this morning and couldn't connect, tried a ping with no luck so had to restart. I'm now monitoring it properly with EM so it shouldn't happen again...sorry guys :(

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2006
    No sweat. Any idea what caused it? :)
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited April 2006
    Not really, there's nothing in the system events... I'll just keep an eye on it, if it happens again I'll look at it more closely.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    thats it we need these bad boys on a PC Aywhere setup and have a terminal that shows all the comps. so anyone at any time can see all the machines :)
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited April 2006
    that might be a bit extreme, but some sort of 'phone home' application might be a good idea.... just something to give a status update every couple of hours. Of course it would have to run on Windows & Linux, and all the hosts would have to agree to run it first..
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2006
    Very soon now, we are going to have an EOC-style stats page just for the SMx Project. Our man shwaip is on it. :clap:

This might be a good time to remind our loyal Hosts (that's all of you) that everyone understands and expects that there will be occasional glitches with the rigs. They have all been cobbled together out of donated parts and we don't expect miracles. (The fact that some of them run as well as they do is somewhat miraculous, though.)

I just don't want anyone to think that the SMx Committee is poised to pounce on a Host if the rig they are caring for has a little hiccup now and again. I guess a good indication of this is that the first person to notice that SM34 was taking a siesta was her Host, deicist. :thumbsup::fold:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Very soon now, we are going to have an EOC-style stats page just for the SMx Project. Our man shwaip is on it. :clap:

It's nowhere near that good :p