wireless mouse woes

kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
edited April 2006 in Hardware
Is there any reliable way, besides the obvious, to check how bad my mouse's signal strength is? I used to have an mx700 and I never, ever had any reception problem. You would have thought it was a wired mouse. Two months ago I got the mx5000 which is a combo, includes the mx1000 mouse. This one's bluetooth and it was a total nightmare. I returned it for the same set and had the same problems. I then exchanged it for the mx3000 which comes with the mx600 mouse, also a laser mouse. This one isn't bluetooth, which I thought was the source of the problem. Long story short, I have the same types of problems with this set as the last one, although much less frequently. Still happens enough times that I have to stop myself from throwing the mouse against the wall at times. It's like the mouse becomes possessed at times, all the buttons will take multiple clicks to respond, and I notice this especially when playing games, I'm walking aronud and all of a sudden I'm looking straight up from the ground. Maybe it's the Adderall, but this makes me psychotic and I want to destroy the stupid mouse lol.

Anyhow, I have searched all over the internet, Google, yahoo, newsgroups, forums, everything. Seems like people say it's just a matter of moving the receiver but that does not work for me. And why would my mx700 work fine and not these newer mice? And here's another weird symptom, out of the blue, I can be in game or reading something in a browser, but all of a sudden I get zoomed in, or like the text zooms in to the largest size and I cannot reverse it. Well I can but it just zooms right back. This I can fix however by just killing the Setpoint software. I've since uninstalled it and the zoom problem is gone but not the interference. I also thought that maybe it was my wireless card causing this, so I changed the channel that my router runs on but it has not helped. I haven't tried all 11 channels and my router piece of crap doesn't have a setting to automatically switch channels. It's like I HAVE to pick 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, or 11. Lame.

Now, hasn't someone out there made some kind of software app that uses either your wireless card or the mouse/keyboard receiver and measures the amount of radio traffic flying around? Throw me a bone here people, I could go back to my mx700, but it would be stupid having this new mouse laying around doing nothing.

Comments