Creative PCMCIA Sound Card

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited April 2006 in Hardware
Creative 70SB053000012 PCMCIA Sound Card

My sound on my brand new Laptop is pretty good but I am not able to hook up my 5.1 surround to it. So My B-day is on the 12th and the wife is asking what I would like for my B-day. So my question for you is, Is this card worth the cost? $89 seems a little step for a Laptop sound card. Also will this card work with a bluetooth wireless headphone set?

If anyone knows info about this product please inform me a bit. As I really know nothing about them for laptops....

Comments

• edited April 2006
    That's pretty much top of the line in terms of laptop sound cards. You may be able to get it even cheaper by ordering it from Creative's refurb store (which operates through ebay). That's how I got my Audigy 2 ZS for $40.

EDIT: Here is Creative's eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Creative-Labs-Factory-Store_Sound-Blaster#items

Looks like they're going for $74 there.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    I have one and it totally rocks. I got mine back when it came out for $130 and I still believe it's worth every penny. As far as the headphones go, I don't know how yours hook up but if the base station plugs in via a headphone jack then it ought to work. If not, then your headset probably has an integrated sound card (like a USB sound card, only with Bluetooth) and your laptop's sound doesn't matter much anyway.

My card came with a dongle that lets me hook up 6 analog channels (5.1 sound), a pair of 1/8" mini-jacks for stereo line-in and amplified headphone-out that double as Toslink optical in/out (provided you have Toslink->1/8" mini optical adapters). Most cables come with those nowadays but you'll want a good set with metal barrels because I tend to break the plastic ones inside my sound card if I've got it in my lap. Pulling plastic barrel plug stubs out with tweezers is not fun.

-drasnor :fold:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Awesome I will keep a look out for good prices. and than tell my wife to get my family to chip in on it :)