OPT 170 + a8n32-deluxe

edited April 2006 in Hardware
alright i just oc'ed a OPT 170 toledo(stock heatsink) + a8n32-deluxe + 2gbs of G.skill F14000GBHZ ddr500 + OCZ silver 5+

im at 255 X 10 = 2.55 ghz, temp = 38 idle 45 load

should i still push my cpu higher (stock cooler) or should i buy a new heatsink like the XP-120 and do more pusshin to my cpu that way? I really want to go 2.7 ghz:sad2:

o and i have 5 fans in my case 2 intake 3 outtake

Comments

• edited April 2006
    The stock heatsink that comes with the 170 is really pretty darn good, but does need a better 80mm fan than it ships with for overclocking. You could get one of those 80 X 38mm Delta EFB fans for it from sidewindercomputers and overclock it some more without having to buy a new heatsink. Even a regular 80mm case fan that moves >45 cfm air would be a better choice than the stock retail fan.
  • edited April 2006
    muddocktor wrote:
    The stock heatsink that comes with the 170 is really pretty darn good, but does need a better 80mm fan than it ships with for overclocking. You could get one of those 80 X 38mm Delta EFB fans for it from sidewindercomputers and overclock it some more without having to buy a new heatsink. Even a regular 80mm case fan that moves >45 cfm air would be a better choice than the stock retail fan.

well i have 1 80 mm fan i have for intake and it pushes 45 CMF should i just switch the 2 ?
  • edited April 2006
    Yeah, that would be a great start and you should see some better cooling performance.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2006
    Welcome to Short-Media, etniessk8!

Looks like you have a good start so far. Your load temperature is quite good actually. What have you set your vcore to?

I would agree with mudd that that stock heatsink is excellent. I think your system has a lot more life in it yet :)