Will not boot

ginnerpipginnerpip Australia
edited May 2006 in Hardware
Please help

My computer will not boot, AT ALL

i turned it off last night and it shut down properly with nothing unusual.

When i push the on button the HDD's and Cd Roms dont boot at all, all the fans (CPU and case) look like they had power for half a millisecond cause they start to spin then slow down and stop about 2 seconds later.

There is no sounds when i try abd boot, no beeps no whizzes.

My PSU (before this happened) normally stays turned on after shut down for 30 secs to blow the hot air out. and when i try and turn on my computer now it stays lit for 30.5 seconds before turning off, so thats why i dont thin it is the PSU.

I dont think it was a power surge as my computer was off all night and there a lot of computers in my building and no others had problems over night, and i have a surge protected power board.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ginnerpipginnerpip Australia
    edited April 2006
    Also, one more thing

I recently (a week ago) installed a second graphics card in SLI, my friend thinks that i may have blown up my PSU, but if i did, wouldn't it have done it straight away??, or even stopped mid game and shut down, not shutting down normally then not restarting ?? also cause it runs for 30 secs bofre turning off like it normally does.??
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2006
    I'd try a different PSU. Could you borrow one from a friend or something like that?
    edited April 2006
    ill try

when i do i'll post the results
    edited May 2006
    No Luck

I tried a mtaes PSU in my computer and no go, I tested my PSU according to the site http://www.ochardware.com/articles/psuvolt/psuvolt2.html and it worked fine.

Any Ideas?
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited May 2006
    edited May 2006
    thanks, i looked into that. but after an hour so inspecting, i couldnt find anything

thanks anyway.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    Have you tried resetting the BIOS?