New batch of xfx 7900 gt's WOW

edited May 2006 in Hardware
Hello guys and girls? :P

I recently blew up my xfx 7900 gt via a voltmod / memmod only to find they sent me a revised version of their board in all black with an xfx sideplate...

On my old card with no mods the card reached a depressing 570? / 780 or something with no artifacts... on these new boards they have either modded the voltages of fixed an issue cause i have it running stable at 625 / 930 and believe I can go higher but have no tried. Heres my specs

A8N32-SLi Deluxe
XFX 7900 gt extreme edition (def. 520/750) (ocled @ 625 / 925)
Athlon 4400+ @ 2530mhz
2gb 3500ll pro @ 230 mhz

Blow up your card? and get the revised version... i think so :) who said blowing up cards is bad?

Comments

• jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited May 2006
    I'm running an EVGA 7800GT AX at 600/800 with no arties. I haven't done the volt mod yet as I'm waiting for my RMA'd second card to get back.

There have been alot of issues with multiple manufactures reguarding the 7900GT. It is a nice OCer if your smart, but there have been lots of problems with bad caps, unmodded voltage issues ect. I think every card maker has had problems with 1 series of this card. It was rushed in my opinion.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    rexehuk wrote:
    Hello guys and girls? :P

I recently blew up my xfx 7900 gt via a voltmod / memmod only to find they sent me a revised version of their board in all black with an xfx sideplate...

On my old card with no mods the card reached a depressing 570? / 780 or something with no artifacts... on these new boards they have either modded the voltages of fixed an issue cause i have it running stable at 625 / 930 and believe I can go higher but have no tried. Heres my specs

A8N32-SLi Deluxe
    XFX 7900 gt extreme edition (def. 520/750) (ocled @ 625 / 925)
    Athlon 4400+ @ 2530mhz
    2gb 3500ll pro @ 230 mhz

Blow up your card? and get the revised version... i think so :) who said blowing up cards is bad?

Well, congrats on a good card, but i don't like the way you got it. That's just me.
  • edited May 2006
    Well the way I got it was purely clean? sent it back cause it was "faulty" :D but this is not the issue here... Im just stating the the new line of xfx cards have some vast improvements to them. Ill buzz out the voltages soon and tell you guys what they are running at. If they are at stock 1.2 / 2.02 ill be suprised... as 930 mhz on my ram running stable from 750 is a big overclock for no voltmod....