Help...no post

sensationsensation Guyana
edited May 2006 in Hardware
I have a K7SOM+ mainboard which suddenly isn't posting. I've tried everything like cmos reset, battery out (for over 7 hours), exchanging components, etc....STILL NOTHING but power on. Urgent Help, anyone???:banghead:

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Let's get your full system specs, first. =)
  • sensationsensation Guyana
    edited May 2006
    Cyclonite wrote:
    Let's get your full system specs, first. =)
    I don't have much of the specs, but here
    AMD Athlon XP processor
    64MB on board Video
    128mb PC 2100 DDR RAM
    ATX Power (of course)

that about it
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I think you're going to need to be a little more specific than that... (i.e. what brand PSU, what power rating, etc).
    edited May 2006
    Yup, sensation. Be as detailed as you can be, please. :thumbup
    edited May 2006
    Enverex wrote:
    I think you're going to need to be a little more specific than that... (i.e. what brand PSU, what power rating, etc).

i know where u coming from, but rite now i don't have access to the stuff...i'm at work. Apart from all that, i've done all the hardware diagnostics (except cpu) and they are fine, so that's not the issue here. Don't know what next.
    edited May 2006
    There's a possibility you may have missed something. It's very easy to do. Please provide a detailed list of your computer specs and a detailed list of what you have done already, please. When you get the opportunity.
    edited May 2006
    Cyclonite wrote:
    There's a possibility you may have missed something. It's very easy to do. Please provide a detailed list of your computer specs and a detailed list of what you have done already, please. When you get the opportunity.
    :confused2 u must understand, i've provided all that i could. If i look at the computer it would make no difference, that's all i know of it. It doesn't provide the specs any further. I have the manual with me right now, but it just tells me about the board. Please:banghead: i understand also, that the machine had a fall, don't know what effect that had on it (the mainboard maybe)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    sensation wrote:
    ...the machine had a fall, don't know what effect that had on it...
    If you are really lucky it may be something as simple as having had a cable jarred loose. Check to be sure that everything is nice and snug.

As for the PSU, look for a label on it and tell us how many Watts total it is rated at and what the Amperage is for the 12V and 5V rails. :)
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    If you are really lucky it may be something as simple as having had a cable jarred loose. Check to be sure that everything is nice and snug.

As for the PSU, look for a label on it and tell us how many Watts total it is rated at and what the Amperage is for the 12V and 5V rails. :)

I tried different power supplies, they all the same thing. and also, i've checked cables and everybody. right now i think she's (the mobo) dead.

I TRIED ALL THAT I'VE BEEN READIN ABOUT ON DIFFERENT FORUMS. :rant:
    edited May 2006
    sensation wrote:
    ...I TRIED ALL THAT I'VE BEEN READIN ABOUT ON DIFFERENT FORUMS. :rant:
    Which we all obviously already knew... :rolleyes:

You're not making it very easy for us to try and help you by yelling at us. ;)
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Which we all obviously already knew... :rolleyes:

You're not making it very easy for us to try and help you by yelling at us. ;)
    :p hey, i'm not yelling. what good will that profit me:confused2 i'm just laying down what i got cause i know i wont get to come back on the forum while working on the machine...(i'll be home) sorry if u thought i was yelling;)
    edited May 2006
    On the Internet, TYPING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considered to be "yelling". If that's not what you intended then we'll forget about it. :)

I hope you can get everything working right once you get home. If not, be sure to write down as complete a list of your hardware as you possibly can. Include brand, model #, revision or version, etc. Don't forget to write down all the stuff marked on your PSU.

Good luck. :wave:
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    On the Internet, TYPING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considered to be "yelling". If that's not what you intended then we'll forget about it. :)

I hope you can get everything working right once you get home. If not, be sure to write down as complete a list of your hardware as you possibly can. Include brand, model #, revision or version, etc. Don't forget to write down all the stuff marked on your PSU.

Good luck. :wave:

thanx, i'll do that and post tomorrow as soon as i get into work...i got the net home on another machine, but getting a problem with phone line to dial up:shakehead so i gotta use the net at work:skeptic:
    edited May 2006
    Ok, i did look it up, didn't find much on specs, and what i found i forgot it. So, just to say, i've given up on that **** cause i think i did all that i can. I have exchanged every single component (including batt) and still didn't get anything positive. so i figure the board is DEAD.
    Thanks again to everyone for replies sent
    edited May 2006
    It sounds like the MB to me, too. Good luck with the replacement. :cheers:
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    It sounds like the MB to me, too. Good luck with the replacement. :cheers: