Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2006
    citrixmeta wrote:
    what about socket 423? :D

Sure, by all means :thumbup

Modified thread for all Intel based systems. Intel 486 included :D
  • edited May 2006
    Wouldn't it be better for both the site and it's users to input the data into a more appropriate database?
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    TheSmJ wrote:
    Wouldn't it be better for both the site and it's users to input the data into a more appropriate database?
    This is the same format used for all sites I know of that take overclocking seriously. The whole point is validation of clockspeed because a lot can be faked. This can still be faked but waaaaay hard to do so.
  • edited May 2006
    what if we had an interface which the users could put their top speed and motherboard, along with settings into the system, along with image files of the apps confirming their authenticity. A way to add the stepping of the CPU and revision of the motherboard would be useful as well.

With information like this you could easily cross-examin the results based on what CPU/stepping is getting the best results, what motherboard is being used to get the best results, right down to what BIOS settings are being used to get these results with a click of a few buttons. Rather than reading through pages upon pages of posts looking for hardware you might be interested in, and trying to remember the stats of every example you found.

I would imagine MS Access could do such a thing, but I've only ever taken one course in Database Managment. I couldn't imagine how one could interface it with a web utility, such as Futuremark's ORB system, but that would be ideal in achiving our ends in an easy to use and understand database system which anyone could use to get the info they want with a simple interface.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I don't know much about databases either, but I think that's the way to go if we can do it. Some SQL and a simple form should do the trick, right?

Of course, that might take some time to put together, so I'm going to go ahead and post my AMDs in this thread tonight when I get home :thumbsup:
    edited May 2006
    TheSmJ wrote:
    what if we had an interface which the users could put their top speed and motherboard, along with settings into the system, along with image files of the apps confirming their authenticity. A way to add the stepping of the CPU and revision of the motherboard would be useful as well.

With information like this you could easily cross-examin the results based on what CPU/stepping is getting the best results, what motherboard is being used to get the best results, right down to what BIOS settings are being used to get these results with a click of a few buttons. Rather than reading through pages upon pages of posts looking for hardware you might be interested in, and trying to remember the stats of every example you found.

I would imagine MS Access could do such a thing, but I've only ever taken one course in Database Managment. I couldn't imagine how one could interface it with a web utility, such as Futuremark's ORB system, but that would be ideal in achiving our ends in an easy to use and understand database system which anyone could use to get the info they want with a simple interface.

I think your ideas are great, TheSMJ. Unfortunatly, I don't think we will have enough data to warrant anything but 'manual' entry at this point. A true database with a web-based front-end will take a lot of work. Its always been a dream of mine to get something like that setup, but I don't think we are there yet. Perhaps when Shorty gets the new front-page up, we could start giving it some thought. :thumbup

The idea of these threads is to simply provide a place where members can post their OCs (with stability proof) along with relevant system information. Readers shouldn't have to navigate through numerous posts at all. That is the whole idea. Once they post, I'll be adding them to the master list in the first post. They can then simply click on a username, and get redirected to the post with more detailed information and screenshots. Personally, I think this is a huge improvement over scouring the forum for tidbits of inconsistent OC data as it is today :)
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I could write up something basic, I've had to do it before for my sites and it's alot easier than it seems.

The only issue I have at the moment though is the OC list doesn't seem to make any sense, lol. You've listed your "overclock" as 3003Mhz and what processor, but not stated what the processors stock speed is. The way it's worded also makes it look like you've overclocked it 3003Mhz, not TO 3003Mhz :p.

I'll prep a DB. I don't have any sites running anymore but my MySQL server is still up so I can prat about with that. Plus MySQL is always a fun way to store stuff :p
    edited May 2006
    Work so far:
    http://smdev.atomnet.co.uk/ocentry.php
    http://smdev.atomnet.co.uk/ocdisplay.php

It does have whether it's been verified saved in the DB too, but that's ignored for now. Just can't remember how to store images in a blob in the MySQL database, or rather how to save them to it...
    edited May 2006
    I think it's close to completion.
    edited May 2006
    No comments? Guess it wasn't worth it then.
    edited May 2006
    Enverex wrote:
    I think it's close to completion.

That is awesome, Enverex! :cool:

I'm going to send you a PM in a bit to discuss..
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Looks sweet. That certainly could come in handy.
  • edited May 2006
    Enverex: Maybe a place to put in HTT/FSB speed and multplier values would help narrow things down a bit?

Otherwise it's a great start. A hell of a lot more than I could have done in a day.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    That's sweet Enverex.