which game..

GobblesGobbles Ventura California
edited October 2003 in Gaming
BF1942

or

Mohaa

or

Call to duty (when released)

Im looking for the best ww2 shooter with the most people online gaming...

Wolf and ET have seen a large drop in number of players due to the master server being down all the time or atleast im unable to reach the master server, all seeing eye sucks nuts and even there the number of servers with people playing are not near what it was....

Gobbles

Comments

• T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited October 2003
    Most ppl online gaming...why that would easily be Battlefield.

Medal of Honor's objective mode is fun, but there just aren't that many playing it. Pretty good, tho seriously linear and rambo-style single player too. Spearhead single was pretty bad tho. Dunno about Breakthrough. I hear the expansion packs did a bit for multi tho.

Call of Duty, I know little about. The single player demo was intense, but REALLY linear (pissed me off). I don't know anything about multiplayer for it.

Enemy Territory needs new maps in patch form (otherwise ppl generally don't get them) to regain some players too.
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited October 2003
    Straight up Battlefield 1942. It is the game that got me hooked on the First Person Shooter genre. You can have up to 64 people in a game and it is just awesome on a good server. The physics are not the most realistic but they are tuned for fun instead of realism. All around it is a really fun game.

Norge
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited October 2003
    bf2942 hands down!! I always tell people if you only buy 1 game this year make it bf1942.

Those other games are great single player games to the point of being artistic.

But bf1942 is going to last much longer. It never gets boring as its online so you wont just beat it and file it away in a drawer. And there are a lot of great mods for bf1942, with many more in development. Most of them are free so theres always something new coming.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited October 2003
    T-BirD said
    Spearhead single was pretty bad tho. Dunno about Breakthrough. I hear the expansion packs did a bit for multi tho.

Breakthrough was awesome!! I too thaught spearhead sucked but they did do a great job with Breakthrough. The missions and maps are way cool with all new textures and everything Its polished so shiney its definately one of the best implimentation of the quake 3 engine Ive ever seen. Up there with Call Of Duty, or at least a worthy fix till Call Of Dutys official release.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Battlefield hands down!

I love the game by itself, but Desert Combat is where the love is. Right now, BF and DC are the only games on my system, and they're all I want. I think you'd be happy with them because of the large audience, great support, and variety of gameplay modes.

If you dig racing games, there are tons of tanks and jeeps.
    If you're into quick kill games and fragfests, you can run that way.
    If you like being sneaky and playing all tactical, its in there too.
    If you want to be a pilot, there's a buttload of planes and choppers.
    And, if you're like me, and want to be a pirate, you can captain any ship, from a dingy to a carrier, to a sub, and lay siege to islands in the South Pacific! ARRGH!
  • tophericetopherice Oak Ridge, TN
    edited October 2003
    Hands down BF1942: Desert Combat.