NF7-S v2.0 sata problem

edited May 2006 in Hardware
i think this was talked before but i am new on the forum...since i got a new hdd on sata a WD my computer seems like is stutering, when i play music in winamp and i type on the keyboard my music stuters a lil bit...even in games some times the sound stuters, and this hapend after i upgrade from ATA to SATA...i have the latest driver for my mobo v2.7, i have the latest sata driver silicon 3112 from www.abit.tk ...but there is a problem with the sata bios, i think i don't have any, i now that sounds strange but look at this screen...and how can i flash it????any ideas?please help

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    What BIOS are you running?
  • edited May 2006
    mtgoat wrote:
    What BIOS are you running?

what do you mean...my mobo bios is v2.7
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    He means what version of the BIOS for your motherboard are you using.
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited May 2006
    I found this information about your motherboard,
    Abit NF7-S Motherboard Installation Notes

NF7-S 2.0 BIOS Revision - ABIT USA

NF7-S 2.0 main page (see Support Information --> Drivers).
    Windows XP - Unified Driver (please read the Driver Installation Hints)

Important:
    Be sure to use the BIOS for your version of the motherboard.
    The Abit NF7-S2 motherboard is not the same motherboard as the NF7-S Version 2.

Test program for Western Digital HDD's:
    What kind of SATA WD do you have ?
  • edited May 2006
    i have the corect bios version for my mobo...version 2.0 for the NF7-S V 2.0...i have tried all the nforce drivers for my mobo..the same thing
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Esso gave you some good information and I will add to it a bit as I owned several of these boards (assuming it is an NF7-S ver 2.0 and not an NF7-S2 completely different board. For the NV7-S ver 2.0 you need to run BIOS version 17 or higher! There were known bugs with the earlier BIOS versions including the intergrated Silicon Image 3112 BIOS contained in the Abit BIOS. Next you want to check which driver version as different SI 3112 BIOS worked best or even worked at all with different version drivers (contained in the driver info for the SI 3112 controller zip file). Next you need to let us know what if any devices you may have in any of the PCI slots. I found early on with this board that anything in slots 1, 2 and 4 can and will affect your SATA controller. Is your HD visable in the SATA BIOS during startup?
  • edited May 2006
    now this is crazy...i moved some of my music from partition E to partion D and there's no more stuters when i am listening music from there...WTF???...and all my partions are NTFS 3 to the number....i can't undersyand...