Audigy2 sound card driving me CRAZY!

VagrantxVagrantx San Francisco, CA
edited May 2006 in Hardware
Hello,

My Audigy2 card is making this poping sound that is driving me nuts!! The poping noise didn't start until I played GTA Vice City and the sound would only come out in the game, so I though it was a driver problem but after i updated the driver it got worse now it pops all the time! I tried reformating the system and installed the stock drivers but it still pops, is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    This is a classic problem for the Audigy series of cards. In fact, recent archaeological digs have uncovered the following text, translated from Sanskrit (A 5000 year old dead language):

"GOD DAMN AUDIGY KEEPS ****ING POPPING. DRIVING ME INSANE."

Archaeologists have concluded that the people who wrote in Sanskrit did not die out due to natural causes, warfare, or cultural homogenisation, rather a few BC Audigy owners went crazy and killed everyone.

Try onboard sound if you have it, or see if you can borrow another sound card.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Sounds like the classic Audigy incompatability to me. As Thrax stated, these problems go waaaaay back. (although I won't get quite as carried away as he did ;))
  • edited May 2006
    Vagrantx wrote:
    Hello,

My Audigy2 card is making this poping sound that is driving me nuts!! The poping noise didn't start until I played GTA Vice City and the sound would only come out in the game, so I though it was a driver problem but after i updated the driver it got worse now it pops all the time! I tried reformating the system and installed the stock drivers but it still pops, is there a way to fix this?
    You can also try and get the NEWER drivers from Creative. Sometimes uninstalling the old drivers and than installing a newer (fixed) version helps.
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited May 2006
    swaping PCI slot might help