Yay! Got my replacement 7900GT lastnight.

jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
edited May 2006 in Hardware
First thing I did was slap a Zalman Fatal1ty fan on it and volt mod it to 1.55v like the other.

Right now its at 650/1700 completely stable in ATI tool with no artifacts. If I go up on anything at this point, it will be the gpu. May try to take it to 700/1700, that overheading on the mem volt reg chip worrys me to much to go over 1700/1800.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Why not just let it be? I think you have great performance already out fo it.
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited May 2006
    Why not just let it be? I think you have great performance already out fo it.

I probably won't go any higher unless I toss it on 3dmark for a quicky. I honestly don't think 50mhz makes a ton of difference. I do like to get every bit out of my hardware that I can get. Thats what we pay the big $$ for isn't it?
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I pay big bucks for soemthing that performs great out of the box... I don't see the need to OC...
    edited May 2006
    Which is probably the only thing we don't see eye to eye on. =)

Sure. I can run it at status-quo out of the box...but where is the fun in that? If they didn't intend for people to OC them then they wouldn't have put hidden portals in the drivers to let you OC them (Coolbits and ATITool).

I didn't pay $700 for status-quo. I payed $700 for jradmin-quo.

If your running your GT's at 500, 550, or 590/750 out of box then thats great. I admire you for having them and resisting the urge to make them faster. I however can't restrain myself.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited May 2006
    jradmin wrote:
    I didn't pay $700 for status-quo. I payed $700 for jradmin-quo.

LOL! ;D

Well said, jradmin :thumbsup:

I'm the same way. I don't remember the last time I ran anything at default clockspeeds :buck:
    edited May 2006
    There were quite a few years when I bearly made enough money to do yearly RAM upgrades just to get a 1 year old game to work.

Nowdays, I want to see the flower on the ground I never got to see before. Infact...i want to see an antenna on the bee who is pollinating the flower in atleast 75 fps with 4x AA and 8x AF.....

well, you get the picture.