Sound card?

fvsfvs
edited May 2006 in Hardware
just finished installing a new sound card because I had an on board sound, Everything played OK, my CD player and my DVD player, except now my RealPlayer on the web don't play any sound, Don't know where to start to look? any ideas?

Biostar Tforce 6100 Sempron/64 1gig Cosair CMI 8738 pci sound card

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    Check in Volume Control and make sure nothing is muted.

Have you disabled the onboard sound? Check the settings (or preferences, whatever) in RealPlayer, too. If you're still out of luck, go to Control Panel>>Sounds and Audio Devices and under the Audio tab check and see what your Default device is set at. :)
  • edited May 2006
    I love that mobo...
    Did you remove the onboard sound and drivers first?

Have you tried to uninstall/ reinstall Real player?
  • fvsfvs
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Check in Volume Control and make sure nothing is muted.

Have you disabled the onboard sound? Check the settings (or preferences, whatever) in RealPlayer, too. If you're still out of luck, go to Control Panel>>Sounds and Audio Devices and under the Audio tab check and see what your Default device is set at. :)
    OK Guys, The problem was that I didn't disable the bios audio onboard as you said, Went into bios disabled it and now it works great. Thank you both for helping. fvs
  • edited May 2006
    fvs wrote:
    OK Guys, The problem was that I didn't disable the bios audio onboard as you said, Went into bios disabled it and now it works great. Thank you both for helping. fvs
    Together we almost have a hundred years of experience from which to draw from, lol:csimon:
  • fvsfvs
    edited May 2006
    i0esign wrote:
    I love that mobo...
    Did you uninstall the onboard drivers first?

Have you tried to uninstall/ reinstall Real player?

I did install drivers in XP but not in Fedora, Linux excepted both my nvida video 6200 and my sound card as plug and play, Fedora 5 rocks. fvs
    PS removed XP, solo Fedora 5.
  • edited May 2006
    fvs wrote:
    I did install drivers in XP but not in Fedora, Linux excepted both my nvida video 6200 and my sound card as plug and play, Fedora 5 rocks. fvs
    PS removed XP, solo Fedora 5.
    Linux? Thats way beyond my comprehension. If Windows was any harder I would be computerless...
    Glad you fixed it.