Garden speakers?

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited May 2006 in Hardware
Hi all,
I'm thinking about getting some speakers in the garden for those long summer day BBQs. They will be playing mainly (only) Reggae so need to be able to provide a decent ammount of bass. I don't need, or want, loads of volume though, say, 20W. They will have to include an amp as they will be connected to the PC.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Have you googled 'outdoor speakers'?
    There are a bunch. They vary from down facing units to the old fake rock trick.
    Most of the flat speakers out there will not care about being outside, you might look at them.
    And find a good place to hide the subwoofer.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited May 2006
    I have but all I found were the 'fake rock' type of thing. I'm looking for something like I have on my PC at the moment. A small amplified pair of speakers. Mine are quite old so they have quite large speakers (compaired with more modern units). Mine say max power consumption 45W, all the modern ones I see seem to be around 6W which is no good outside. I don't plan to leave them outside, they can be brought back in. I suppose rather than outside speakers I'm looking for speakers I can use outside, if that makes sense.
  • edited May 2006
    Do you want these speakers to play at 20w constantly?
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited May 2006
    It's just an estimate, I doubt i'd use 20W unless the nieghbours needed a serious chillin out.