Resizing Partition?

fvsfvs
edited May 2006 in Hardware
I have just started using Fedora 5 for about 3 weeks or so, I felt pretty good about how things are shapping up with getting it personalized for my use. I decided to remove windows xp and run fedora solo, Now I'm finding that I can't get everything I'd like to have (Quicktime,Flash) running because I'm using a 64 bit;
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_co...tallation_notes
"These instructions will not strictly apply for 64 bit computers using the 64 bit isos. 64 bit capable processors like Athlon 64, Opteron and Xeon are backwardly compatible with 32 bit instruction sets and are known to run 32 bit editions of Linux. The 32 bit i386 Fedora Core 5 isos do in fact work with these machines. Because of unresolved issues with 64 bit Fedora Core and because some plug-ins for Firefox only work with the 32 bit version of Firefox I recommend the installation of the 32 bit (i386) isos on 64 bit machines."

So Im going to install the 32 bit i386 Fedora Core 5, But I'd like to keep the 64 bit as a second partition but I don't know how to install it on the same HD. Completely blind on this issue.

TForce 6100 Sempron/64 2800 Corsair 1 gig 80 gig Seagate HD nvida 6200 card

Comments

• EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited May 2006
    Hi,
    I have been using the Acronis OS selector 8 for some time now, and it has helpt me with multi boot OS installation as well resizing the hard disk partitions.

(Note: I have found one bug in OS selector 8. There is some problem resizing partitions > ~ 80 GB, but I have never lost any data !
    The solution has been to move out the data and reformat the partition.)

OS Selector 8 has now been discontinued, and it's included in the Acronis Disk Director Suit.
    And the bug in OS Selector 8 is taking care of, using the Windows resizing software (included in the disk directory suit).

You can download information about Acronis --> here.
  • edited May 2006
    i totaly agree with you, Disk Director Suite is something awesome. i think it's mach better then other simmilar progs, and OS Selector allow you to install about 100 different OS's
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Yep, having recently had Partition Magic 8 refuse to merge and resize some perfectly good partitions on a perfectly healthy disk, Disk Director did all theo work in only a modicum of time. Hot stuff.