Joomla

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited May 2006 in Internet & Media
Ok, Im working on putting up a joomla site up and also, getting a phpbb buletin board up beside it. I'm doing this to create a Community type place for all the people that play paintball in the enid area. I ordered a book last night for phpbb 2, and im thinking of buying on for joomla, because im having some problems.

I cant get a lot of the images to load in any browser, but if i rightclick the alt text that shows up instead of the image, and click view image, they are their and i can see them in a individual window. but anyway. yeh, i need a week or two to get this going, and I need as much help as possible, if anyone has any experience with joomla and wants to help me, shoot me a pm or something. all i have done so far is the basic install, but i think i may have botched that, i set all the chmods...anyway. I need some help. Im also looking for a good template, or, design one myself. Probably will use a premade one to begin with and start making changes to it.:p

I bought the domain, and I have it forwarding it to my webserver. If anyone wants to look at the *horrible* site so far, its at www.enidpb.com. the forum is at www.enidpb.com/forum

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    JOOMLA is amazing... been using it now for my work database project. Before I was using MAMBO which is very similar(they were the same project that split).

I am looking at the page and it looks like the template got destroyed... did you try installing a Component or Module or any kind of add-on before this occured? Was it ever working properly?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    It looks like your CSS file may be missing, http://www.enidpb.com/templates/rhuk_solarflare_ii/css/template_css.css

Check that directory and see if it exists, that is what is linked in the source...
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    its there. at least according to smartftp it is.:-/

Do you wanna help me get this thing working? The main reason im mad at this not working is that my current hosting company...arghhh nevermind.

I think im gonna hit prime up to see what he'd charge me for some hosting. Because im almost fed up with my current hosting company. And besides, if i have a problem with sacrenet, i konw where to find prime:bigggrin:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Did you just install it? Or was it working prior to some change? When you installed it was any required components shown missing?

Try removing the directory and the SQL database from the server and try anew.
    edited May 2006
    i have just installed it, last night as a matter of fact. and ive installed it about 3 times. I havent changed it in any way, all ive done is log in to the admin and poke around a little bit.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Looks just like the site without CSS.... somehow that is broken, and the images, not sure why... I see the linnk made to CSS. I wonder though about my other question, during setup, the first page has a list of recomended and required components that it detects and lets you know if it's installed or not on the server. Did you see any thing that shown that is not running on the server that might be required according to setup?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    prime can help :D
    edited May 2006
    prime can help :D

Just sent you a pm!!:respect:
    edited May 2006
    RWB wrote:
    Looks just like the site without CSS.... somehow that is broken, and the images, not sure why... I see the linnk made to CSS. I wonder though about my other question, during setup, the first page has a list of recomended and required components that it detects and lets you know if it's installed or not on the server. Did you see any thing that shown that is not running on the server that might be required according to setup?

shouldnt double post, but oh well, the only thing that was red that I had no idea how to fix was the save path or something similar. everything else was green. Im gonna dump tds and (hopefully) pick up sarcnet:D Since all ive done is install the stuff, im gonna just start over.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Sarcnet is good... prime is tha man. But I guess I didn't need to tell you that... :P
    edited May 2006
    Alright, looks like Prime is gonna have another customer. Soon as he gets me signed up and my domain transfered, I hope I can get it installed right and the RWB can hopefully help me and teach me the important stuff.
    edited May 2006
    Alrighty, Prime has me all taken care of, I'm fixing to install it, but I'm getting this one:
    joomla wrote:
    configuration.php Unwriteable
    You can still continue the install as the configuration will be displayed at the end, just copy & paste this and upload.

Where is this, do I just CHMOD it? Everything else is a go. Also, how come when I upload the files the folder permissions get changed. I put joomla on my testing server (wamp) and all the permissions were already right and all I had to do was create the database.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Joomla is tricky to install on plesk, because apache needs to own the files in order to make it work, but by default, they are put into the plesk client group when you upload them.

I'll fix it for you.
    edited May 2006
    edited May 2006
    Got a skin on. Now I just have to figue everything out.
    edited May 2006
    ok, forums up. this is turning more into my little project log than anything else.

www.enidpb.com/forum