SATA vs USB2.0

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited May 2006 in Hardware
I am curious which would be best for an external HDD as the interface for the connection to the computer.

Using common sence I would figure SATA would be better despite USB having more bandwidth... I am looking to get a PCMCIA card for SATA but I might be buying a USB enclosure instead depending on which is better...

I am also curious what a good PCMCIA card I could get for SATA

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Went out to Fry's and got me this uber sweet looking NexStar-3 case for both my 3.5 and 2.5 drives, well I made a mistake and bought a 3.5 IDE to USB drive and my 3.5 is SATA... err.... that's the SECOND time I have done something stupid with that drive. But I have another IDE drive Ill use it for cause yes this case is BEATIFUL... it's fire red and mirror shined, omg I drool.....

But man... I had no idea that while that 3.5 fire red NexStar-3 case was amazing to look at tha the 2.5 inch variant was EVEN BETTER! This thing is so hot! Yet runs so cool, I am writing a 5GB folder over to it and it's taking 3 to 4 minutes maybe. Best part is that I dont have to use a power cable! AND did I mention it's sexy?

Came with a leather sleeve as well... hotness. With a few pockets... even more sausay hotness...

My only complaint was the screws were a pain, I do not want to strip any, but they seem like good strong screws. It would have been nice if they included some sort of screw driver as people borrow my tools and never return them grr.

Best external enclosure evar!