SM34 - problem

deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
edited May 2006 in Folding@Home
Well this is annoying. SM34 has lost it's connection again, and I don't really know why. I can ping it, but EM3 has lost it and I can't RDP onto it. I'm at work at the moment so I can restart it when I get home, but this is the second time it's happened so I need to get to the bottom of it. I'm going to check it's temperatures tonight, maybe bung another fan in there... to be honest it probably is a little airflow restricted where it is. Might put a wireless card in it and move it somewhere else :) Anyway, just to let you all know why it's not been turning in work units recently.

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Thanks Deicist.... I know you can figure this one out. If you want more help, we're here for you!!!
    :smokin:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Let us know, If you need some help also let us know.. :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    ^^^ What they said . :)

Say the word and I'll be off to the Post Office. :D
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited May 2006
    Hmm, there's no errors showing in the Event log. The only warnings are from W32time saying it's unable to synchronise, which I'm guessing is due to the fact the system was comatose when it tried to sync. I could understand if the system was completely dying but it's remaining powered up and will respond to pings, just not anything else. Also, when I try to RDP onto it the client looks like it's going to connect, then dies just after it goes fullscreen. I'm a bit stumped, but I'll keep free up some more airspace around it and see how it goes.

Cheers for the support guys :)